problems with M841LR Cmos

Last response: in Motherboards
Share
November 9, 2004 4:02:23 PM

I wonder if anyone can help me. I have a M841LR MB with a 1.2GB
processor on it, 64MB of ram, 80GB HD and I'm trying to build a PC
with it. I have got it all hooked up in a case and managed to install
Win 98 on it. However the problem is when I boot up I get the message
"CMOS BATTERY LOW" so I changed the battery for a new, but still I get
it. Also I get "CMOS SETTING WRONG", "CMOS MEMORY SIZE WRONG" Then I
get either the choice to ignore and except default values or go into
set-up. So I go into set-up and if I change anything at all and
restart that's it nothing. I then have to reset the CMOS and start
again.
I will admit I am a novice on this but is there a switch I'm missing,
is there anything I can do? Or do I have duff board?

More about : problems m841lr cmos

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
November 10, 2004 5:30:33 AM

raycook@f2s.com (Ray) wrote in news:29bfccac.0411091302.69deb2b0
@posting.google.com:

> I wonder if anyone can help me. I have a M841LR MB with a 1.2GB
> processor on it, 64MB of ram, 80GB HD and I'm trying to build a PC
> with it. I have got it all hooked up in a case and managed to install
> Win 98 on it. However the problem is when I boot up I get the message
> "CMOS BATTERY LOW" so I changed the battery for a new, but still I get
> it. Also I get "CMOS SETTING WRONG", "CMOS MEMORY SIZE WRONG" Then I
> get either the choice to ignore and except default values or go into
> set-up. So I go into set-up and if I change anything at all and
> restart that's it nothing. I then have to reset the CMOS and start
> again.
> I will admit I am a novice on this but is there a switch I'm missing,
> is there anything I can do? Or do I have duff board?

1. Check the voltage on the new battery, it may be a dud.
2. Insure the CMOS clear jumper is in the "Normal" position.
3. Clean contacts and re-seat the ram modules.
3. Test the motherboard outside the case.
4. Worst case, return motherboard for exchange.
5. Worst case, try reflashing the latest BIOS update.
6. New motherboard.
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
December 7, 2004 3:46:27 PM

"Thagor" wrote:
> raycook@f2s.com (Ray) wrote in
> @posting.google.com:
>
> > I wonder if anyone can help me. I have a M841LR MB with a
> 1.2GB
> > processor on it, 64MB of ram, 80GB HD and I'm trying to
> build a PC
> > with it. I have got it all hooked up in a case and managed
> to install
> > Win 98 on it. However the problem is when I boot up I get
> the message
> > "CMOS BATTERY LOW" so I changed the battery for a new, but
> still I get
> > it. Also I get "CMOS SETTING WRONG", "CMOS MEMORY SIZE
> WRONG" Then I
> > get either the choice to ignore and except default values or
> go into
> > set-up. So I go into set-up and if I change anything at all
> and
> > restart that's it nothing. I then have to reset the CMOS and
> start
> > again.
> > I will admit I am a novice on this but is there a switch I'm
> missing,
> > is there anything I can do? Or do I have duff board?
> >

> 1. Check the voltage on the new battery, it may be a dud.
> 2. Insure the CMOS clear jumper is in the "Normal" position.
> 3. Clean contacts and re-seat the ram modules.
> 3. Test the motherboard outside the case.
> 4. Worst case, return motherboard for exchange.
> 5. Worst case, try reflashing the latest BIOS update.
> 6. New motherboard.

have you reset your cmos????? on motherboard

--
http://www.HardwareForumz.com/ This article was posted by author's request
Topic URL: http://www.HardwareForumz.com/Elitegroup-problems-M841L...