What's a good replacement for K7S5A?

I sold a year ago a system using ECS-K7S5A. He is now wishing to
upgrade. His present ram is PC-133, as best I remember--definitely not DDR.
What's a good upgrade (brand AND model) mobo for him, as his ECS just began
losing time and cmos?
TIA, s

Try replacing the motherboard battery.
Also this site might help http://p199.ezboard.com/bk7s5amotherboardforum

"sdlomi2" <sdlomi2spamfree@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I sold a year ago a system using ECS-K7S5A. He is now wishing to
> upgrade. His present ram is PC-133, as best I remember--definitely not
> DDR.
> What's a good upgrade (brand AND model) mobo for him, as his ECS just
> began
> losing time and cmos?
> TIA, s

Smoker

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2004

"sdlomi2" <sdlomi2spamfree@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I sold a year ago a system using ECS-K7S5A. He is now wishing to
> upgrade. His present ram is PC-133, as best I remember--definitely not
DDR.
> What's a good upgrade (brand AND model) mobo for him, as his ECS just
began
> losing time and cmos?

Losing the CMOS is common to all K7S5A boards. The bug usually goes away in
a day or so and may not return for another year.

As mentioned, it's always a good idea to replace the battery. $3 at Radio
Shack for a name brand like Panasonic or Toshiba.

Asrock is a division of Asus, makes inexpensive boards to compete with
brands like ECS except so far their boards have an excellent reputation.

I don't think they make boards anymore that take the old SDRAM.

On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 20:46:13 GMT The moonlight laughed on the blade's
edge when "Smoker" <nospam@x.y> wrote :

>"sdlomi2" <sdlomi2spamfree@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> I sold a year ago a system using ECS-K7S5A. He is now wishing to
>> upgrade. His present ram is PC-133, as best I remember--definitely not
>DDR.
>> What's a good upgrade (brand AND model) mobo for him, as his ECS just
>began
>> losing time and cmos?
>>
>Losing the CMOS is common to all K7S5A boards. The bug usually goes away in
>a day or so and may not return for another year.
>
>As mentioned, it's always a good idea to replace the battery. $3 at Radio
>Shack for a name brand like Panasonic or Toshiba.
>
>Asrock is a division of Asus, makes inexpensive boards to compete with
>brands like ECS except so far their boards have an excellent reputation.
>
>I don't think they make boards anymore that take the old SDRAM.

I can affirm that.I've been running an,
ASRock K7S8XE
for over a year and it's boringly stable.Nothing to fix :/

--
Free Windows/PC help,
remove obvious to reply