What's a good replacement for K7S5A?

I sold a year ago a system using ECS-K7S5A. He is now wishing to
upgrade. His present ram is PC-133, as best I remember--definitely not DDR.
What's a good upgrade (brand AND model) mobo for him, as his ECS just began
losing time and cmos?
TIA, s
3 answers Last reply
More about what good replacement k7s5a
  1. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.elitegroup (More info?)

    Try replacing the motherboard battery.
    Also this site might help http://p199.ezboard.com/bk7s5amotherboardforum

    "sdlomi2" <sdlomi2spamfree@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > I sold a year ago a system using ECS-K7S5A. He is now wishing to
    > upgrade. His present ram is PC-133, as best I remember--definitely not
    > DDR.
    > What's a good upgrade (brand AND model) mobo for him, as his ECS just
    > began
    > losing time and cmos?
    > TIA, s

  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.elitegroup (More info?)

    "sdlomi2" <sdlomi2spamfree@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > I sold a year ago a system using ECS-K7S5A. He is now wishing to
    > upgrade. His present ram is PC-133, as best I remember--definitely not
    DDR.
    > What's a good upgrade (brand AND model) mobo for him, as his ECS just
    began
    > losing time and cmos?

    Losing the CMOS is common to all K7S5A boards. The bug usually goes away in
    a day or so and may not return for another year.

    As mentioned, it's always a good idea to replace the battery. $3 at Radio
    Shack for a name brand like Panasonic or Toshiba.

    Asrock is a division of Asus, makes inexpensive boards to compete with
    brands like ECS except so far their boards have an excellent reputation.

    I don't think they make boards anymore that take the old SDRAM.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.elitegroup (More info?)

    On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 20:46:13 GMT The moonlight laughed on the blade's
    edge when "Smoker" <nospam@x.y> wrote :

    >"sdlomi2" <sdlomi2spamfree@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >> I sold a year ago a system using ECS-K7S5A. He is now wishing to
    >> upgrade. His present ram is PC-133, as best I remember--definitely not
    >DDR.
    >> What's a good upgrade (brand AND model) mobo for him, as his ECS just
    >began
    >> losing time and cmos?
    >>
    >Losing the CMOS is common to all K7S5A boards. The bug usually goes away in
    >a day or so and may not return for another year.
    >
    >As mentioned, it's always a good idea to replace the battery. $3 at Radio
    >Shack for a name brand like Panasonic or Toshiba.
    >
    >Asrock is a division of Asus, makes inexpensive boards to compete with
    >brands like ECS except so far their boards have an excellent reputation.
    >
    >I don't think they make boards anymore that take the old SDRAM.

    I can affirm that.I've been running an,
    ASRock K7S8XE
    for over a year and it's boringly stable.Nothing to fix :/

    --
    Free Windows/PC help,
    remove obvious to reply

Elitegroup ECS Motherboards