How do i compress a printer driver?! plz help!!!

freddyokyes

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2011
ok guys so i downloaded a set of hp drivers for a friend since he is stuck with 56k download speeds. I decided to get them for him but I want to send it to him through email but obviously it is way to big of a file (300mb). my question is I compressed the drivers and after checking the properties on the new zipped file it still the same size?! am I doing something wrong??

dokk2

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2007
Some files do not compress well especially exe's,,now then create your archive in rar format then using win rar break it up into smaller .rar files send to your buddy who then can put them back together and extract the drivers...:)

+1^ I'm with them, the download is already compressed, re-compressing will get you nothing.

BUT... for drivers, you may not need the FULL Package. What is the printer brand and model? Most printer have a full and and a drivers only setup you can download. It will be the difference between your 300mb and maybe 10mb for only the drivers.

freddyokyes

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2011
thanks everyone for the replys I very much appreciate the help followed dokk2 suggestion and worked quite perfectly although it did take some time. again thanks for everyones help! cheers!