BURT

Added information: I have a PS/2 mouse. Tried updating
driver that came with mouse but windows says that
microsoft driver is the best driver. My mouse is a Memorex
two button device

kyle

i highly doubt that the mouse is the problem. but either way i suggest usin
the memorex driver for a memorex mouse. i have in interACT mouse and interACT
driver and it works fine. the main problem i think would be the
firewall/pop-up blocker on sp2. your computer mite have adware/spyware that
opens up pop-ups. to verify this search for a detection program such as
Spybot: Search and Destroy or Ad-aware

"Burt" wrote:

> Added information: I have a PS/2 mouse. Tried updating
> driver that came with mouse but windows says that
> microsoft driver is the best driver. My mouse is a Memorex
> two button device

It is possible that your mouse is defective. Try using another mouse and see
if it works.