k7s5a and Suse 9.2

Has anyone had difficulty loading Suse 9.2 with this board. I have three
computers, one has an Asus mobo and the other two are k7s5a. Suse 9.1
loaded just fine on all the machines. 9.2 loads on the Asus machine but
neither of the other two. Any suggestions?

dpw
2 answers Last reply
More about k7s5a suse
  1. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.elitegroup (More info?)

    "dpw" wrote in message

    > Has anyone had difficulty loading Suse 9.2 with this board. I have three
    > computers, one has an Asus mobo and the other two are k7s5a. Suse 9.1
    > loaded just fine on all the machines. 9.2 loads on the Asus machine but
    > neither of the other two. Any suggestions?
    >
    > dpw

    I have a K7S5A with a triple boot (Win98SE, W2K and SuSE 9.2) and had no
    problems with SuSE. Originally I had 8.1, then 9.0 and just recently I
    installed 9.2. I have no unusual configuration or hardware. Linux is very
    picky at times about hardware -- especially if it is really new there may
    not be Linux drivers for it. Your post does not give enough information
    (i.e., hardware configuration, BIOS number, exactly where the install
    failed, any error messages, was it a fresh install or update, etc.). Also,
    you really might consider going to the SuSE group for in depth help:

    alt.os.linux.suse

    They are pretty good ... just be sure and do things the Linux way while in
    the group. :-)

    skippi
  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.elitegroup (More info?)

    skippi wrote:
    > "dpw" wrote in message
    >

    >>Has anyone had difficulty loading Suse 9.2 with this board. I have three
    >>computers, one has an Asus mobo and the other two are k7s5a. Suse 9.1
    >>loaded just fine on all the machines. 9.2 loads on the Asus machine but
    >>neither of the other two. Any suggestions?
    >>
    >>dpw
    >

    > I have a K7S5A with a triple boot (Win98SE, W2K and SuSE 9.2) and had no
    > problems with SuSE. Originally I had 8.1, then 9.0 and just recently I
    > installed 9.2. I have no unusual configuration or hardware. Linux is very
    > picky at times about hardware -- especially if it is really new there may
    > not be Linux drivers for it. Your post does not give enough information
    > (i.e., hardware configuration, BIOS number, exactly where the install
    > failed, any error messages, was it a fresh install or update, etc.). Also,
    > you really might consider going to the SuSE group for in depth help:
    >
    > alt.os.linux.suse
    >
    > They are pretty good ... just be sure and do things the Linux way while in
    > the group. :-)
    >
    > skippi

    Thanks Skippi, this is helpful.

    dpw