Can't access external Western Digital Hard Drive

October 2, 2004 7:52:24 PM

My computer is a HP Pavilion 7905, running Windows XP
Home Edition. I recently installed a new Western Digital
external hard drive,(USB, 160 GB), (Model: WD1600B008-
RNN. After using stand-by or hibernate, I am unable to
access individual files on that drive. I have tried
everything I know to do to no avail. I have installed and
reinstalled the XP Service Pack 2 and that didn't help.
Can you solve the problem for me?
I can get the files back by restarting my computer but
that's a real bummer.
Bob Gardner
October 2, 2004 9:27:02 PM

well the only ways i kno of fixin a problem like that would be to go to
device manager and update that specific hard drive or scan for hardware
changes if if doesnt appear or to simply use otha methods of savin power
besides standby or hibernation.