cant burn cd's and dvd rom drive wont open manually

October 2, 2004 9:43:02 PM

big problem guys. My bro has a windows 98SE with a cd-rw and dvd drive. he
could burn cd's and everything. now all of a sudden he cant burn cd's and
when he presses the open button for the dvd drive it doesnt open. ive tried
goin into device manager and everything. any 1 kno how to solve this problem?
Anonymous
October 3, 2004 1:57:34 PM

"Kyle" <Kyle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> big problem guys. My bro has a windows 98SE with a cd-rw and dvd drive. he
> could burn cd's and everything. now all of a sudden he cant burn cd's and
> when he presses the open button for the dvd drive it doesnt open. ive
tried
> goin into device manager and everything. any 1 kno how to solve this
problem?

presuming that both these units are on the same IDE cable try swapping it
first, this is a quick and simple way of identifying/eliminating one
possible problem.

Post back results

October 4, 2004 11:19:02 PM

hey brushes i may be a super smart wiz but im only 13 so i dont kno how to
swap them can u instruct me do i use device manager?