REQ: Post TSOMI for XP

Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

I love playing TSOMI and iv recently upgraded to XP and found that i
cant........................

could somebody please post it for XP

Kris

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Stephen Hunt wrote:
> I love playing TSOMI and iv recently upgraded to XP and found that i
> cant........................
>
> could somebody please post it for XP

Have you tried using Windows XPs Compatibility Wizard? I'm able to play
TSOMI on Windows XP without problems. I usually set it to Windows 95/98
compatibility.

If you need help on figuring this out, I'm off work until Wednesday, but
I can offer you our self help website: http://support.microsoft.com , or
you can call our company (if you're in the States) 1-800-936-5700. Or,
if you're not in the States, you can look for an International number on
the self help website.

Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

A day without Stephen Hunt is like a day without sunshine...

> I love playing TSOMI and iv recently upgraded to XP and found that i
> cant........................
>
> could somebody please post it for XP

There isn't actually an XP version of the game, but you should be able to
run your original copy through a program called ScummVM. Check out
http://www.scummvm.org/ for more information.

--
Daffy, the combustible duck.
--> www.aglami.net <--

Kris

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Daffy wrote:

> There isn't actually an XP version of the game, but you should be able to
> run your original copy through a program called ScummVM. Check out
> http://www.scummvm.org/ for more information.

You're forgetting about the Compatibility Wizard thing that Microsoft so
kindly provided with Windows XP.

On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 16:41:02 +0000, Stephen Hunt wrote:

> I love playing TSOMI and iv recently upgraded to XP and found that i
> cant........................
>
> could somebody please post it for XP

Sorry bud. This isn't a binaries group.

On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 15:50:02 -0400, Kris wrote:

> Daffy wrote:
>
>> There isn't actually an XP version of the game, but you should be able to
>> run your original copy through a program called ScummVM. Check out
>> http://www.scummvm.org/ for more information.
>
> You're forgetting about the Compatibility Wizard thing that Microsoft so
> kindly provided with Windows XP.

We're not forgetting it. We're ignoring it. You see, WinXP Compatibility
Wizard is what we call a huge steaming pile of monkey poo".

Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

A day without Kris is like a day without sunshine...

>> There isn't actually an XP version of the game, but you should be
>> able to run your original copy through a program called ScummVM.
>> Check out http://www.scummvm.org/ for more information.
>
> You're forgetting about the Compatibility Wizard thing that Microsoft
> so kindly provided with Windows XP.

It's rubbish. Use ScummVM.

--

Daffy wrote:
> A day without Kris is like a day without sunshine...
>

>>>There isn't actually an XP version of the game, but you should be
>>>able to run your original copy through a program called ScummVM.
>>>Check out http://www.scummvm.org/ for more information.
>>
>>You're forgetting about the Compatibility Wizard thing that Microsoft
>> so kindly provided with Windows XP.
>

> It's rubbish. Use ScummVM.

Pffft. I've never used ScummVM, thankye.
Windows XP suits me just fine XD

On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 02:31:42 -0400, Kris wrote:

> Daffy wrote:
>> A day without Kris is like a day without sunshine...

>>>You're forgetting about the Compatibility Wizard thing that Microsoft
>>> so kindly provided with Windows XP.
>>

>> It's rubbish. Use ScummVM.
>
> Pffft. I've never used ScummVM, thankye.
> Windows XP suits me just fine XD

How much extra are you getting paid to advertise Windows XP whilst posting
here?

<srhunt50@hotmail.com> wrote:

>I love playing TSOMI and iv recently upgraded to XP and found that i
>cant........................
>
>could somebody please post it for XP

Post it for XP?
You mean you don't have the game, or that you can't play your game in
XP?
If the second is the case, please go here: www.scummvm.org and
download the ScummVM... :)

--
Pixel

Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 02:31:42 -0400, Kris <kris@notrealemail.com>
wrote:

>>>You're forgetting about the Compatibility Wizard thing that Microsoft
>>> so kindly provided with Windows XP.
>>

>> It's rubbish. Use ScummVM.
>
>Pffft. I've never used ScummVM, thankye.
>Windows XP suits me just fine XD

But ScummVM is licky under any circumstances. I use it with win95.
Have you even had a look at what it is, Krista Gates?

--
Pixel

Kris

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Orin wrote:

> How much extra are you getting paid to advertise Windows XP whilst posting
> here?

I've never been paid to advertise Windows. I'm just paid to troubleshoot :)

Kris

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Orin wrote:

> We're not forgetting it. We're ignoring it. You see, WinXP Compatibility
> Wizard is what we call a huge steaming pile of monkey poo".

Sniff.

I guess you just need the touch.

Kris

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Pixel "#~ wrote:

>>>It's rubbish. Use ScummVM.
>>
>>Pffft. I've never used ScummVM, thankye.
>>Windows XP suits me just fine XD
>

> But ScummVM is licky under any circumstances. I use it with win95.
> Have you even had a look at what it is, Krista Gates?

Yes. I couldn't be bothered using it.

And ... and... AND ... I am not any sort of 'Gates'. At all. :p

Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

Earlier Kris muttered:

>>>Pffft. I've never used ScummVM, thankye.
>>>Windows XP suits me just fine XD
>>

>> But ScummVM is licky under any circumstances. I use it with win95.
>> Have you even had a look at what it is, Krista Gates?
>
>Yes. I couldn't be bothered using it.
>
>And ... and... AND ... I am not any sort of 'Gates'. At all. :p

:eek:Þ
Anyway, I do like ScummVM. It helpful, because it lists all games in
one window, and it's easy to adjust parameters.
Not to mention it bypasses copy protections on several games.

--
pixel - knight of aglami
www.warande.net/~pixel

Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

A day without Pixel "#~ is like a day without sunshine...

>>> But ScummVM is licky under any circumstances. I use it with win95.
>>> Have you even had a look at what it is, Krista Gates?
>>
>> Yes. I couldn't be bothered using it.
>>
>> And ... and... AND ... I am not any sort of 'Gates'. At all. :p
>
>> oÞ
> Anyway, I do like ScummVM. It helpful, because it lists all games in
> one window, and it's easy to adjust parameters.
> Not to mention it bypasses copy protections on several games.

But we have codewheels for that!

--
Daffy, the combustible duck.
--> www.aglami.net <--
daffy(at)aglami(dot)net
M$N: daffy889@hotmail.com [no emails]

Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

Earlier Daffy muttered:

>>> Yes. I couldn't be bothered using it.
>>>
>>> And ... and... AND ... I am not any sort of 'Gates'. At all. :p
>>
>>> oÞ
>> Anyway, I do like ScummVM. It helpful, because it lists all games in
>> one window, and it's easy to adjust parameters.
>> Not to mention it bypasses copy protections on several games.
>
>But we have codewheels for that!

Yes, but my codewheel was on the wall, and I couldn't be bothered to
take it down every time I played.

--
pixel - knight of aglami
www.warande.net/~pixel
jwerf at phil dot uu dot nl
msn: johannesvanderwerf at hotmail dot com
icq: 58550811
www.aglami.net (new!)
-
FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC
-

Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

A day without Pixel "#~ is like a day without sunshine...

>>> Anyway, I do like ScummVM. It helpful, because it lists all games in
>>> one window, and it's easy to adjust parameters.
>>> Not to mention it bypasses copy protections on several games.
>>
>> But we have codewheels for that!
>
> Yes, but my codewheel was on the wall, and I couldn't be bothered to
> take it down every time I played.

You could look at the ones on Aglami.net.

--
Daffy, the combustible duck.
--> www.aglami.net <--
daffy(at)aglami(dot)net
M$N: daffy889@hotmail.com [no emails]

Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

Earlier Daffy muttered:

>>> But we have codewheels for that!
>>
>> Yes, but my codewheel was on the wall, and I couldn't be bothered to
>> take it down every time I played.
>
>You could look at the ones on Aglami.net.

What, the java ones?

--
pixel - knight of aglami
www.warande.net/~pixel
jwerf at phil dot uu dot nl
msn: johannesvanderwerf at hotmail dot com
icq: 58550811
www.aglami.net (new!)
-
FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC
-

Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

A day without Pixel "#~ is like a day without sunshine...

>>> Yes, but my codewheel was on the wall, and I couldn't be bothered to
>>> take it down every time I played.
>>
>> You could look at the ones on Aglami.net.
>
> What, the java ones?

Well, I meant the scanned ones. But now that I think about it, that wouldn't
work would it...

--
Daffy, the combustible duck.
--> www.aglami.net <--
daffy(at)aglami(dot)net
M$N: daffy889@hotmail.com [no emails]

Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

Earlier Daffy muttered:

>>> You could look at the ones on Aglami.net.
>>
>> What, the java ones?
>
>Well, I meant the scanned ones. But now that I think about it, that wouldn't
>work would it...

Exactly! Silly duck!