K7S5A Rev. 1.1 Which midrange gaming graficcard can i put ..

hi folks,
which graficcard can I use on this board. At the moment I use Geforce 2
Titanium and I want to upgrade to a faster one.
thanx for any advice
joe

ATI 8500, 9100, 9200 should all work fine. Keep in mind the k7s5a
only supports AGP4x, so an 8x card will not be fully taken advantage
of regarding agp bus speed capabilities.

--
Best regards,
Kyle

"Kylesb" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message

" Keep in mind the k7s5a only supports AGP4x, so an 8x card will not be
fully taken advantage of regarding agp bus speed capabilities. "

But yet nothing really stretches the AGP4x bus anyway. The OP can use any
AGP8x card, and there will be no real loss in performance.

Cuzman wrote:
> "Kylesb" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
>
> " Keep in mind the k7s5a only supports AGP4x, so an 8x card will not be
> fully taken advantage of regarding agp bus speed capabilities. "
>

> But yet nothing really stretches the AGP4x bus anyway. The OP can use any
> AGP8x card, and there will be no real loss in performance.

Thanks alot for the advice
Joe

"Cuzman" <cuzNOSPAM@supanet.com> wrote in message
| "Kylesb" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
|
| " Keep in mind the k7s5a only supports AGP4x, so an 8x card will
not be
| fully taken advantage of regarding agp bus speed capabilities. "
|

| But yet nothing really stretches the AGP4x bus anyway. The OP can
use any
| AGP8x card, and there will be no real loss in performance.

? Now why would there be an 8x technology if it were no faster than
the 4x mode?
--
Best regards,
Kyle

> | " Keep in mind the k7s5a only supports AGP4x, so an 8x card will
> not be
> | fully taken advantage of regarding agp bus speed capabilities. "
> |

> | But yet nothing really stretches the AGP4x bus anyway. The OP can
> use any
> | AGP8x card, and there will be no real loss in performance.
> |

> ? Now why would there be an 8x technology if it were no faster than
> the 4x mode?

That great capitalist tool... Marketing ;-)

-
Ad