USB Hub causes monitor to hang

I have just purchased a usb hub. It works fine when I
plug it in with the PC on.

When I restart the PC or switch it on the monitor hangs,
and does not switch on as it usually does.

I purchased a second hub and had exactly the same problem.

Running: Win XP Pro Sp2

peter

Hi,

The monitor should not hang. are you meaning the system hangs during boot or
reboot?

If yes, remove the USB hub, boot into BIOS and enable legacy USB support,
then save and exit BIOS setup.

Hope it helps.

Peter