the registry cannot load the hive

I need help. I m not that knowledged regarding fixing my
computer. I have hp and it has a restore and recovery
but becuz of this problem i cannot use either. it is my
understanding that I need to replace these files in order
for the computer to recognize them. how? I do not have
any disks to recover with becuz I have recovery drive but
cannot access becuz of this error. I cannot remove files
from the control panel. some programs run funny. please
help.

actual error is: c0000218 {registry file failure}
\systemroot\system32\config\security
2 answers Last reply
More about registry load hive

    Did you try this
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307545

    "mlcat" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I need help. I m not that knowledged regarding fixing my
    > computer. I have hp and it has a restore and recovery
    > but becuz of this problem i cannot use either. it is my
    > understanding that I need to replace these files in order
    > for the computer to recognize them. how? I do not have
    > any disks to recover with becuz I have recovery drive but
    > cannot access becuz of this error. I cannot remove files
    > from the control panel. some programs run funny. please
    > help.
    >
    > actual error is: c0000218 {registry file failure}
    > \systemroot\system32\config\security

    i believe i was there. but it is sounding a little too
    much for me. is there an easier way? or maybe written
    in language that i can understand ;)

Data Recovery Windows XP