Help! need mainboard CD - can anyone RAR and post?

Last response: in Motherboards
Share
December 31, 2004 4:49:40 PM

Can't find it anywhere...

Thanks

More about : mainboard rar post

December 31, 2004 10:31:06 PM

On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 13:49:40 -0700, Daddy-O <daddy0@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Can't find it anywhere...
>
>Thanks

Just go to the ECS site and download the stuff..
January 1, 2005 12:31:47 PM

On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 19:31:06 -0600, flipper <flipper@fish.net> wrote:

>On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 13:49:40 -0700, Daddy-O <daddy0@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>Can't find it anywhere...
>>
>>Thanks
>
>Just go to the ECS site and download the stuff..

I went out there, but it was very confusing. None of the options
included the 'pro' mobo, and some (like the LAN) I'm not sure I need -
I don't think so, I'm using a lan card--

and others (the IDE) I have no idea if I need or not, and as I say it
doesn't have my exact board listed, etc. etc.

I have hte K7S5A Pro Rev 5.0 dated 01/20/2003 s
SiS 735 chipset

I don't really know what I'm doing, but I've GOT to re-install XP.

Thanks.
a b V Motherboard
January 1, 2005 2:43:42 PM

Daddy-O wrote:

> On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 19:31:06 -0600, flipper <flipper@fish.net> wrote:
>
>>On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 13:49:40 -0700, Daddy-O <daddy0@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>>>Can't find it anywhere...
>>>
>>>Thanks
>>
>>Just go to the ECS site and download the stuff..
>
> I went out there, but it was very confusing. None of the options
> included the 'pro' mobo, and some (like the LAN) I'm not sure I need -
> I don't think so, I'm using a lan card--
>
> and others (the IDE) I have no idea if I need or not, and as I say it
> doesn't have my exact board listed, etc. etc.
>
> I have hte K7S5A Pro Rev 5.0 dated 01/20/2003 s
> SiS 735 chipset
>
> I don't really know what I'm doing, but I've GOT to re-install XP.
>
> Thanks.

Go to http://www.ecs.com.tw

The US site is not as current as the Taiwan site. Look for K7S5A Pro or
5.0. It had a page for drivers, a separate page for BIOS, and the manual.

When you re-install XP, there is a recommended order, regardless of Mobo.
Load XP, then, ideally, load SP-1, then the drivers for the chipset, LAN,
sound, AGP, etc. Then load SP-2. If you only have SP-2, then load the
drivers after SP-2.
--
Kirbalo...

K7S5A Pro, Athlon XP 1600+
1 Gig DDR, 120 GB, nVidia GeForce 4 MX 440
SuSE Linux 9.2 Pro & XP Pro Dual Boot
Linux 2.6.8-24.10-default
11:27am up 18:03, 3 users, load average: 1.20, 1.59, 1.43
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
January 1, 2005 8:46:10 PM

"Daddy-O" wrote:
> On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 19:31:06 -0600, flipper <flipper@fish.net> wrote:
>
> >On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 13:49:40 -0700, Daddy-O <daddy0@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >
> >>Can't find it anywhere...
> >>
> >>Thanks
> >
> >Just go to the ECS site and download the stuff..
>
> I went out there, but it was very confusing. None of the options
> included the 'pro' mobo, and some (like the LAN) I'm not sure I need -
> I don't think so, I'm using a lan card--
>
> and others (the IDE) I have no idea if I need or not, and as I say it
> doesn't have my exact board listed, etc. etc.
>
> I have hte K7S5A Pro Rev 5.0 dated 01/20/2003 s
> SiS 735 chipset
>
> I don't really know what I'm doing, but I've GOT to re-install XP.
>
> Thanks.

I have my mainboard CD (all 600 MB of it) for the ECS K7S5A Pro, which I bought at Fry's (Woodland
Hills). Even zipped, it still takes 480 MB. This would be quite a lengthy upload, even if I had
someplace to put it.

Suggest a more practical solution.
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
January 1, 2005 10:13:38 PM

Hi daddy-O,

| >On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 13:49:40 -0700, Daddy-O <daddy0@yahoo.com> wrote:
| >
| >>Can't find it anywhere...
| >>
| >>Thanks
| >
| >Just go to the ECS site and download the stuff..
|
| I went out there, but it was very confusing. None of the options
| included the 'pro' mobo, and some (like the LAN) I'm not sure I need -
| I don't think so, I'm using a lan card--
|
| and others (the IDE) I have no idea if I need or not, and as I say it
| doesn't have my exact board listed, etc. etc.
|
| I have hte K7S5A Pro Rev 5.0 dated 01/20/2003 s
| SiS 735 chipset

try this:
http://www.ecs.com.tw/ECSWeb/Downloads/ProductsDetail_D...(5.0)&MenuID=45&LanID=0
(don't forget to copy and paste when needed ;-))
success Jan
January 2, 2005 2:08:36 AM

On Sat, 1 Jan 2005 19:13:38 +0100, "Ikke01"
<javadoGEEN@HOOFDLETTERShome.invalid> wrote:

>Hi daddy-O,

>| I have hte K7S5A Pro Rev 5.0 dated 01/20/2003 s
>| SiS 735 chipset
>
>try this:
>http://www.ecs.com.tw/ECSWeb/Downloads/ProductsDetail_D...(5.0)&MenuID=45&LanID=0
>(don't forget to copy and paste when needed ;-))
>success Jan

Sweet! That's the ticket - thanks!
!