Help! need mainboard CD - can anyone RAR and post?

Can't find it anywhere...

Thanks
6 answers Last reply
More about help mainboard post
  1. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.elitegroup (More info?)

    On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 13:49:40 -0700, Daddy-O <daddy0@yahoo.com> wrote:

    >Can't find it anywhere...
    >
    >Thanks

    Just go to the ECS site and download the stuff..
  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.elitegroup (More info?)

    On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 19:31:06 -0600, flipper <flipper@fish.net> wrote:

    >On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 13:49:40 -0700, Daddy-O <daddy0@yahoo.com> wrote:
    >
    >>Can't find it anywhere...
    >>
    >>Thanks
    >
    >Just go to the ECS site and download the stuff..

    I went out there, but it was very confusing. None of the options
    included the 'pro' mobo, and some (like the LAN) I'm not sure I need -
    I don't think so, I'm using a lan card--

    and others (the IDE) I have no idea if I need or not, and as I say it
    doesn't have my exact board listed, etc. etc.

    I have hte K7S5A Pro Rev 5.0 dated 01/20/2003 s
    SiS 735 chipset

    I don't really know what I'm doing, but I've GOT to re-install XP.

    Thanks.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.elitegroup (More info?)

    Daddy-O wrote:

    > On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 19:31:06 -0600, flipper <flipper@fish.net> wrote:
    >
    >>On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 13:49:40 -0700, Daddy-O <daddy0@yahoo.com> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Can't find it anywhere...
    >>>
    >>>Thanks
    >>
    >>Just go to the ECS site and download the stuff..
    >
    > I went out there, but it was very confusing. None of the options
    > included the 'pro' mobo, and some (like the LAN) I'm not sure I need -
    > I don't think so, I'm using a lan card--
    >
    > and others (the IDE) I have no idea if I need or not, and as I say it
    > doesn't have my exact board listed, etc. etc.
    >
    > I have hte K7S5A Pro Rev 5.0 dated 01/20/2003 s
    > SiS 735 chipset
    >
    > I don't really know what I'm doing, but I've GOT to re-install XP.
    >
    > Thanks.

    Go to http://www.ecs.com.tw

    The US site is not as current as the Taiwan site. Look for K7S5A Pro or
    5.0. It had a page for drivers, a separate page for BIOS, and the manual.

    When you re-install XP, there is a recommended order, regardless of Mobo.
    Load XP, then, ideally, load SP-1, then the drivers for the chipset, LAN,
    sound, AGP, etc. Then load SP-2. If you only have SP-2, then load the
    drivers after SP-2.
    --
    Kirbalo...

    K7S5A Pro, Athlon XP 1600+
    1 Gig DDR, 120 GB, nVidia GeForce 4 MX 440
    SuSE Linux 9.2 Pro & XP Pro Dual Boot
    Linux 2.6.8-24.10-default
    11:27am up 18:03, 3 users, load average: 1.20, 1.59, 1.43
  4. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.elitegroup (More info?)

    "Daddy-O" wrote:
    > On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 19:31:06 -0600, flipper <flipper@fish.net> wrote:
    >
    > >On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 13:49:40 -0700, Daddy-O <daddy0@yahoo.com> wrote:
    > >
    > >>Can't find it anywhere...
    > >>
    > >>Thanks
    > >
    > >Just go to the ECS site and download the stuff..
    >
    > I went out there, but it was very confusing. None of the options
    > included the 'pro' mobo, and some (like the LAN) I'm not sure I need -
    > I don't think so, I'm using a lan card--
    >
    > and others (the IDE) I have no idea if I need or not, and as I say it
    > doesn't have my exact board listed, etc. etc.
    >
    > I have hte K7S5A Pro Rev 5.0 dated 01/20/2003 s
    > SiS 735 chipset
    >
    > I don't really know what I'm doing, but I've GOT to re-install XP.
    >
    > Thanks.

    I have my mainboard CD (all 600 MB of it) for the ECS K7S5A Pro, which I bought at Fry's (Woodland
    Hills). Even zipped, it still takes 480 MB. This would be quite a lengthy upload, even if I had
    someplace to put it.

    Suggest a more practical solution.
  5. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.elitegroup (More info?)

    Hi daddy-O,

    | >On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 13:49:40 -0700, Daddy-O <daddy0@yahoo.com> wrote:
    | >
    | >>Can't find it anywhere...
    | >>
    | >>Thanks
    | >
    | >Just go to the ECS site and download the stuff..
    |
    | I went out there, but it was very confusing. None of the options
    | included the 'pro' mobo, and some (like the LAN) I'm not sure I need -
    | I don't think so, I'm using a lan card--
    |
    | and others (the IDE) I have no idea if I need or not, and as I say it
    | doesn't have my exact board listed, etc. etc.
    |
    | I have hte K7S5A Pro Rev 5.0 dated 01/20/2003 s
    | SiS 735 chipset

    try this:
    http://www.ecs.com.tw/ECSWeb/Downloads/ProductsDetail_Download.aspx?categoryid=1&typeid=4&detailid=269&DetailName=Driver&DetailDesc=K7S5A%20Pro(5.0)&MenuID=45&LanID=0
    (don't forget to copy and paste when needed ;-))
    success Jan
  6. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.elitegroup (More info?)

    On Sat, 1 Jan 2005 19:13:38 +0100, "Ikke01"
    <javadoGEEN@HOOFDLETTERShome.invalid> wrote:

    >Hi daddy-O,

    >| I have hte K7S5A Pro Rev 5.0 dated 01/20/2003 s
    >| SiS 735 chipset
    >
    >try this:
    >http://www.ecs.com.tw/ECSWeb/Downloads/ProductsDetail_Download.aspx?categoryid=1&typeid=4&detailid=269&DetailName=Driver&DetailDesc=K7S5A%20Pro(5.0)&MenuID=45&LanID=0
    >(don't forget to copy and paste when needed ;-))
    >success Jan

    Sweet! That's the ticket - thanks!

Elitegroup CD-Rom Motherboards