Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

My computer (all of a sudden) no longer sees my DVD or
CD. I tried: (regedit)
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\
{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

and deleted the upper and lower filters as directed. I've
tried everything!! Any help would sure be appreciated.

Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Device Manager and remove all instances of the two drives, reboot and
Windows should re-detect.

"Jerry" <cornerman@comcast.net> wrote in message
> My computer (all of a sudden) no longer sees my DVD or
> CD. I tried: (regedit)
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\
> {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
>
> and deleted the upper and lower filters as directed. I've
> tried everything!! Any help would sure be appreciated.

Try Kelly's web site.

http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks2.htm#fix

The top box has a "Restore CD or DVD Drives to Explorer" download option. Worked for
me.

Hope this helps!

Randy Byrne
JAHP