Intelli mouse not working

I have just reinstalled win xp pro and now it won't
recognise the intellimouse optical usb. the mouse works
fine on my second machine, but niether mouse works.

can someone please help?

Have you reinstalled the USB drivers? This is part of the chipset
(motherboard) drivers. You may need to install this first in order to
get the mouse to be recognized.

-----
Nathan McNulty