K7VZA - looking for a quiet CPU cooler

Friends,
I want to replace my generic cpu cooler for something
quieter. I've been looking at the Zalman CNPS7000B, but the
K7VZA (Athlon Thunderbird 1.2gig) is not listed on the
motherboard compatibility list at www.ZalmanUSA.com. I
wonder if it would fit?

I'd also appreciate hearing about any other cpu cooler
brands/models that would fit on my system that are really
quiet. Thanks!
3 answers Last reply
More about k7vza quiet cooler
  1. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.elitegroup (More info?)

    Swingman wrote:
    > Friends,
    > I want to replace my generic cpu cooler for something
    > quieter. I've been looking at the Zalman CNPS7000B, but the
    > K7VZA (Athlon Thunderbird 1.2gig) is not listed on the
    > motherboard compatibility list at www.ZalmanUSA.com. I
    > wonder if it would fit?
    >
    > I'd also appreciate hearing about any other cpu cooler
    > brands/models that would fit on my system that are really
    > quiet. Thanks!

    Let me tell you about a well kept secret on HSU. I just bought a Kingwin
    (model KCU-7025). Its a all copper heatsink with a larger 90mmx90mm
    fan on it. Its not a massive tall heatsink (roughly 2.75" tall from base
    to top of fan) Its not some big name heat sink mfg but just a cheap
    clone of other copper coolers. What is best about it is its price. I
    payed 14.95 for it!! My temps on my 2400sempron (AMD) went from 43C
    (@1666fzb) to 31C (and thats overclocked now to 2600 speed (1776fsb)). I
    bought it locally but you can also find them online even cheaper. Do a
    good search on the model # and you should find very favorable reviews
    and cheap prices).The quiteness of this fan is low, It doesnt sound like
    one of those vacum cleaner fans!! I can hear it but just barely.

    Hope this helps you

    Robert in Mesquite
  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.elitegroup (More info?)

    Look for heatsinks that are 3200+ compatible, because your 1.2 produces as
    much heat as a 3200+ As for physical fit, with socket A, they are more or
    less the same, so any heat sink will fit. I would be more concerned in
    which heatsink removes heat the best myself. Fortuntely, most will suit
    your purpose.

    Swingman (sbt@silcom.com) wrote:
    : Friends,
    : I want to replace my generic cpu cooler for something
    : quieter. I've been looking at the Zalman CNPS7000B, but the
    : K7VZA (Athlon Thunderbird 1.2gig) is not listed on the
    : motherboard compatibility list at www.ZalmanUSA.com. I
    : wonder if it would fit?

    : I'd also appreciate hearing about any other cpu cooler
    : brands/models that would fit on my system that are really
    : quiet. Thanks!
  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.elitegroup (More info?)

    On Mon, 3 Jan 2005 01:28:11 +0000 (UTC), aa356@chebucto.ns.ca (Brian Campbell)
    wrote:

    >Look for heatsinks that are 3200+ compatible, because your 1.2 produces as
    >much heat as a 3200+ As for physical fit, with socket A, they are more or
    >less the same, so any heat sink will fit. I would be more concerned in
    >which heatsink removes heat the best myself. Fortuntely, most will suit
    >your purpose.

    I found an old Athlon 1333 in my parts bin.
    I used it to upgrade a relatives K7S5A that
    was running a Duron 800.
    Damn this old 1333 runs really hot.
    It's very stable, but runs at 58C

Elitegroup Cooling CPUs Motherboards