Mouse right click no longer works

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

Earlier today I was looking around a website I found off
google, looking for some pictures to make a new wallpaper
with, and I found one I thought I could use so I right
clicked to save it, and then I found that my mouse right
click button wasn't responding. It worked fine before I
went to this site, so I'm worried that it might be a worm
or virus that my scanner couldn't detect.

I tried removing the mouse from my tower and plugging it
back in, but that didn't work. I also tried to see if the
right click would work in applications like other games,
it would appear the right click function is completely
disabled. A friend said it may be driver related, and to
uninstall the mouse and then reinstall it, but I wanted
to come here first for a second opinion. Could anyone
help me? I'd really appreciate it.

Hello,

This should do it
line 56 right side

Michael Ortega

"Steve" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Earlier today I was looking around a website I found off
> google, looking for some pictures to make a new wallpaper
> with, and I found one I thought I could use so I right
> clicked to save it, and then I found that my mouse right
> click button wasn't responding. It worked fine before I
> went to this site, so I'm worried that it might be a worm
> or virus that my scanner couldn't detect.
>
> I tried removing the mouse from my tower and plugging it
> back in, but that didn't work. I also tried to see if the
> right click would work in applications like other games,
> it would appear the right click function is completely
> disabled. A friend said it may be driver related, and to
> uninstall the mouse and then reinstall it, but I wanted
> to come here first for a second opinion. Could anyone
> help me? I'd really appreciate it.

DarkKnight

try another mouse, could be a coincidence.
PS some web sites do disable rightclicking to protect copyright pix etc,
but only for the page concerned