Problem with ECS 741GX boot. Fry's system

Last response: in Motherboards
Share
January 6, 2005 6:14:58 PM

One of the guys here at work got one of the $200.00 GQ systems from
Fry's. I set it up, loaded XP instead of Linspire and all was well.
One of the kids at the house yanked out the monitor plug and now,
after plugging it back in, it won't boot up at all. It "touches" the
keyboard for a second and each of the CD drives (not the A drive
though) but no BIOS beeps and no video at all (doesn't even bring the
monitor out of power-save mode). The C drive light is on but no
activity from the drive. I tried using a bootable CD too, nothing. I,
also, put in another PCI video card just for grins but still nothing.

I'm thinking the Mobo is damaged, any other ideas??

TIA

JohnF
January 6, 2005 6:20:42 PM

I should mention that the box is here at work now hooked up to
completely different working perifs so there is no cord/wire/perif
conflict.

JohnF

On Thu, 06 Jan 2005 15:14:58 GMT, JohnF <mpi-brwNADA@sbcglobal.net>
wrote:

>One of the guys here at work got one of the $200.00 GQ systems from
>Fry's. I set it up, loaded XP instead of Linspire and all was well.
>One of the kids at the house yanked out the monitor plug and now,
>after plugging it back in, it won't boot up at all. It "touches" the
>keyboard for a second and each of the CD drives (not the A drive
>though) but no BIOS beeps and no video at all (doesn't even bring the
>monitor out of power-save mode). The C drive light is on but no
>activity from the drive. I tried using a bootable CD too, nothing. I,
>also, put in another PCI video card just for grins but still nothing.
>
>I'm thinking the Mobo is damaged, any other ideas??
>
>TIA
>
>JohnF
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
January 7, 2005 12:58:18 PM

wrote:

>One of the guys here at work got one of the $200.00 GQ systems from
>Fry's. I set it up, loaded XP instead of Linspire and all was well.
>One of the kids at the house yanked out the monitor plug and now,
>after plugging it back in, it won't boot up at all. It "touches" the
>keyboard for a second and each of the CD drives (not the A drive
>though) but no BIOS beeps and no video at all (doesn't even bring the
>monitor out of power-save mode). The C drive light is on but no
>activity from the drive. I tried using a bootable CD too, nothing. I,
>also, put in another PCI video card just for grins but still nothing.
>
>I'm thinking the Mobo is damaged, any other ideas??
>
>TIA
>
>JohnF

I assume you erased the cmos.
PJ
Related resources
January 14, 2005 7:06:21 PM

New mobo solved it.

JohnF

On Fri, 07 Jan 2005 09:58:18 -0600, PJx <me@privacy.com> wrote:

>On Thu, 06 Jan 2005 15:14:58 GMT, JohnF <mpi-brwNADA@sbcglobal.net>
>wrote:
>
>>One of the guys here at work got one of the $200.00 GQ systems from
>>Fry's. I set it up, loaded XP instead of Linspire and all was well.
>>One of the kids at the house yanked out the monitor plug and now,
>>after plugging it back in, it won't boot up at all. It "touches" the
>>keyboard for a second and each of the CD drives (not the A drive
>>though) but no BIOS beeps and no video at all (doesn't even bring the
>>monitor out of power-save mode). The C drive light is on but no
>>activity from the drive. I tried using a bootable CD too, nothing. I,
>>also, put in another PCI video card just for grins but still nothing.
>>
>>I'm thinking the Mobo is damaged, any other ideas??
>>
>>TIA
>>
>>JohnF
>
> I assume you erased the cmos.
>PJ