Mainboard Drivers for Socket A, L7VMM2

I have an ECS Elitegroup Mainboard; Socket A, L7VMM2.

Chipset - VIA KM266(NB) & VT8235 (SB) Chipset

On windows 98 startup it keeps searching for a PCI Communications
device and a PCI Universal Serial Bus device. These unknown devices are
also listed under "other" in Device Manager with a yellow question mark
next to them.

I do not know what these devices are and my mainboard drivers disk was
lost.

It would be greatly appreciated if someone could help.
Thanx in advance!

I have installed all of the drivers on those two pages but I'm still
left with an unknown missing communications device.

My modem is not integrated but drivers are recognized.

My network adapter is integrated but its drivers are also recognized.
Any feedback would be appreciated.

"Northern Girl" wrote:
> I have an ECS Elitegroup Mainboard; Socket A, L7VMM2.
>
> Chipset - VIA KM266(NB) & VT8235 (SB) Chipset
>
> On windows 98 startup it keeps searching for a PCI Communications
> device and a PCI Universal Serial Bus device. These unknown devices are
> also listed under "other" in Device Manager with a yellow question mark
> next to them.
>
> I do not know what these devices are and my mainboard drivers disk was
> lost.
>
> It would be greatly appreciated if someone could help.
> Thanx in advance!

The following page links to drivers for the L7 series:
http://www.ecsusa.com/downloads/drivers_l7.html

When I bought an L7VMM2 used on eBay, all the necessary drivers were available on that page except
that the USB driver was at:
http://www.ecsusa.com/downloads/drivers_usb.html

"Northern Girl" wrote:
> I have installed all of the drivers on those two pages but I'm still
> left with an unknown missing communications device.
>
> My modem is not integrated but drivers are recognized.
>
> My network adapter is integrated but its drivers are also recognized.
> Any feedback would be appreciated.

Just a guess, but it might be looking for the drivers for the AMR Riser that supports a special type
of modem, even though you have a regular PCI modem. Just for grins, try the Via 4-in-1 driver.

If not, just leave it; as long as every device works, it won't hurt anything to have an unknown
device in Device Manager.

"Larry Scholnick" <Larry_Scholnick@Yahoo.Com> wrote in message
> "Northern Girl" wrote:
> > I have installed all of the drivers on those two pages but I'm still
> > left with an unknown missing communications device.
> >
> > My modem is not integrated but drivers are recognized.
> >
> > My network adapter is integrated but its drivers are also recognized.
> > Any feedback would be appreciated.
> >
> Just a guess, but it might be looking for the drivers for the AMR Riser
that supports a special type
> of modem, even though you have a regular PCI modem. Just for grins, try
the Via 4-in-1 driver.

> If not, just leave it; as long as every device works, it won't hurt
anything to have an unknown
> device in Device Manager.

Or, disable the onboard modem in the BIOS.

--
Remove ".invalid" and replace with ".co.uk" to reply

Hi NG,

"Northern Girl" <l_guigue@hotmail.com> schreef in bericht
| I have an ECS Elitegroup Mainboard; Socket A, L7VMM2.
|
| Chipset - VIA KM266(NB) & VT8235 (SB) Chipset
|
| On windows 98 startup it keeps searching for a PCI Communications
| device and a PCI Universal Serial Bus device. These unknown devices are
| also listed under "other" in Device Manager with a yellow question mark
| next to them.
|
| I do not know what these devices are and my mainboard drivers disk was
| lost.
|
| It would be greatly appreciated if someone could help.
| Thanx in advance!

down under are the modemdrivers the MB asks

http://www.ecs.com.tw/ECSWeb/Downloads/ProductsDetail_Download.aspx?categoryid=1&typeid=4&detailid=62&DetailName=Driver&DetailDesc=L7VMM2(1.0A)&MenuID=45&LanID=0

don't forget to copy and paste ;-))
When you really want to use the AMR modem, I can sent you one from the
Netherlands, only pay p&p + 5 bucks ;-))

success Jan

(can also disable this modem in the BIOS as an alternative)