USB ports not recoginized after SP2

David

I have been having trouble lately with my system getting
unstable. All along I have been up to date with the MS
updates and service packs. I decided to do a repair
install of XP Pro this weekend. When I did, and then re-
did all the current service packs etc. the computer no
longer recognizes my USB ports. I figured it must be a
glitch and reinstalled the OS again. The USB ports, X4,
were recognized with the service packs up until I
installed SP2 again. Once again the USB ports are not
there as far as the system can see. Any ideas as to the
cause of this problem? As I said before, I did not have
this problem before, even though SP2 was installed before.

David

You need to install the chipset (motherboard) drivers. Use Everest Home
from www.lavalys.com to find out what motherboard you have and visit the
motherboard maker's website for the latest drivers. If you have an OEM
machine such as a Dell or HP, you will need to go to their websites for
the proper drivers. If you need more help, just ask :)

-----
Nathan McNulty

David wrote:
> I have been having trouble lately with my system getting
> unstable. All along I have been up to date with the MS
> updates and service packs. I decided to do a repair
> install of XP Pro this weekend. When I did, and then re-
> did all the current service packs etc. the computer no
> longer recognizes my USB ports. I figured it must be a
> glitch and reinstalled the OS again. The USB ports, X4,
> were recognized with the service packs up until I
> installed SP2 again. Once again the USB ports are not
> there as far as the system can see. Any ideas as to the
> cause of this problem? As I said before, I did not have
> this problem before, even though SP2 was installed before.
>
> David

David

Thanks man!!!

Glad I could help :)