Does ECS PT800 MB support fan speed control ?

I saw this nice deal in frys ( $190 for 3gz p4, and ECS pt800
motherboard ).

I want to know if the PT800 motherboard will support the variable fan
speed i.e. adjust(not just monitor) the speed of cpu fan acocrding to
temperature ( using bios or perhaps a thirdparty utility ).

Also, I can get a MSI PT880 MB for $50 more. Is that worth the extra?
Thanks in advance.
1 answer Last reply
More about does pt800 support speed control
  1. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.elitegroup (More info?)

    "ND" <nd_100@hotmail.com> wrote in news:1105917668.655692.42840
    @z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:

    > I saw this nice deal in frys ( $190 for 3gz p4, and ECS pt800
    > motherboard ).
    >
    > I want to know if the PT800 motherboard will support the variable fan
    > speed i.e. adjust(not just monitor) the speed of cpu fan acocrding to
    > temperature ( using bios or perhaps a thirdparty utility ).
    >
    > Also, I can get a MSI PT880 MB for $50 more. Is that worth the extra?
    > Thanks in advance.

    The motherboard can be had for $45 and the CPU will run about $180.
    You do the math. As far as fan control, I know the Pm 800 is monitor
    only.

Elitegroup Support ECS Motherboards