Does ECS PT800 MB support fan speed control ?

Last response: in Motherboards
a b V Motherboard
January 16, 2005 6:21:08 PM

I saw this nice deal in frys ( $190 for 3gz p4, and ECS pt800
motherboard ).

I want to know if the PT800 motherboard will support the variable fan
speed i.e. adjust(not just monitor) the speed of cpu fan acocrding to
temperature ( using bios or perhaps a thirdparty utility ).

Also, I can get a MSI PT880 MB for $50 more. Is that worth the extra?
Thanks in advance.
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
January 17, 2005 4:16:21 AM

"ND" <nd_100@hotmail.com> wrote in news:1105917668.655692.42840
@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:

> I saw this nice deal in frys ( $190 for 3gz p4, and ECS pt800
> motherboard ).
>
> I want to know if the PT800 motherboard will support the variable fan
> speed i.e. adjust(not just monitor) the speed of cpu fan acocrding to
> temperature ( using bios or perhaps a thirdparty utility ).
>
> Also, I can get a MSI PT880 MB for $50 more. Is that worth the extra?
> Thanks in advance.

The motherboard can be had for $45 and the CPU will run about $180.
You do the math. As far as fan control, I know the Pm 800 is monitor
only.
!