HP printer power cords, interchangeable?

I have a cheap HP 3320 printer. I'm going to be getting an HP DESKJET
920C WITHOUT a power cord.

Are HP power cords interchangeable? Can I use the power cord from the
3320 with the 920C?

TIA!
2 answers Last reply
More about printer power cords interchangeable

    "iplom®" <no@spam.thanks> wrote in message
    > I have a cheap HP 3320 printer. I'm going to be getting an HP DESKJET
    > 920C WITHOUT a power cord.
    >
    > Are HP power cords interchangeable? Can I use the power cord from the
    > 3320 with the 920C?

    Maybe... The Deskjet 3320 has an external power supply, the Deskjet 920 has the
    power supply built in. The Deskjet 3320 had a few different models of power
    supply. Some of these had a removable cord, others did not.

    http://partsurfer.hp.com/cgi-bin/spi/showphoto?partnumber=8120-8900 has a
    picture of the cord for the Deskjet 920. If your Deskjet 3320 has a removeble
    power cord check your power cord and see if it looks the same. Some models of
    the Deskjet 3320 had a three prong cord as shown at the following:
    http://partsurfer.hp.com/cgi-bin/spi/showphoto?partnumber=8120-6260 This cord
    is not compatible with the Deskjet 920.

    If you need to order a new cord for the Deskjet 920 they are available from HP
    parts at: http://partsurfer.hp.com/

    Regards,

    Bob Headrick wrote:
    > "iplom®" <no@spam.thanks> wrote in message
    >
    >>I have a cheap HP 3320 printer. I'm going to be getting an HP DESKJET
    >>920C WITHOUT a power cord.
    >>
    >>Are HP power cords interchangeable? Can I use the power cord from the
    >>3320 with the 920C?
    >

    > Maybe... The Deskjet 3320 has an external power supply, the Deskjet 920 has the
    > power supply built in. The Deskjet 3320 had a few different models of power
    > supply. Some of these had a removable cord, others did not.

    > Regards,

    Thanks Bob, it looks like my 3320 does use the same power cord as the 920C.
    good news for me!

Printers Hewlett Packard Power Peripherals HP Printers