DVD read problems (I/O issues?)

October 4, 2004 2:24:37 PM

I'm running XP Home on my new PC, but have encountered a
problem with my DVD-Rom drive. Whenever I try to install
something from a DVD (say, FarCry for instance) I get a
message something like this:

Setup Launcher
has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are
sorry for the inconvenience.

More information:
EventType : InPageError P1 : c0000185 P2 :
00000005

The DVD drive is running as a slave to my CDRW, but I have
had them both running as masters and the problem still
exists.

I have noticed that while in Safe Mode the install process
gets further than when not - however since Windows is
running in safe mode the Installer service cannot be
started :(

Please any help would be appreciated. The drive is an ASUS
DVD-E616P2. The CDRW is an ASUS CRW-5232AS. Both are
running on the drivers from Windows XP sp2.
Anonymous
October 4, 2004 3:21:01 PM

Fixed it, had to flash the Firmware and update.

Woo.

!