Hidden hard drive

October 4, 2004 2:39:01 PM

After installing SP2 ,my computer crashed, I had to format, and reinstall XP
home.
I have a C drive,that the OS goes on with my other
programs,office,money,anti virus.it 10 gigs..I have a D drive 30 gigs that i
use for programs such as AOL. Netscape and to store music and school work.
And 2 CD burners.
After I reinstalled XP Home, it renamed my E burner to D.Now I can see the D
drive At boot, in device manger. but I can not access it. It will not let me
change it back to D or let me get to it. It looks to be hidden~~how do I un
hide it

More about : hidden hard drive

Anonymous
October 4, 2004 8:12:37 PM

Tweakui can be used to unhide drives.
open run--gpedit.msc. Goto
User Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Windows
Explorer and unhide the drives.
"Joe~~tucson Az" <Joe~~tucson Az@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:D 3096930-93DF-402A-9AED-7365AB8E6D1A@microsoft.com...
> After installing SP2 ,my computer crashed, I had to format, and reinstall
XP
> home.
> I have a C drive,that the OS goes on with my other
> programs,office,money,anti virus.it 10 gigs..I have a D drive 30 gigs that
> use for programs such as AOL. Netscape and to store music and school work.
> And 2 CD burners.
> After I reinstalled XP Home, it renamed my E burner to D.Now I can see the
> drive At boot, in device manger. but I can not access it. It will not let
me
> change it back to D or let me get to it. It looks to be hidden~~how do I
un
> hide it
Anonymous
October 5, 2004 1:18:32 AM

It can also be a matter of "ownership" of the drive because
the new install of the OS could limit access to the old
drive.

See http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=308421

news:o SHFEDoqEHA.2696@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...

!