Hidden hard drive

After installing SP2 ,my computer crashed, I had to format, and reinstall XP
home.
I have a C drive,that the OS goes on with my other
programs,office,money,anti virus.it 10 gigs..I have a D drive 30 gigs that i
use for programs such as AOL. Netscape and to store music and school work.
And 2 CD burners.
After I reinstalled XP Home, it renamed my E burner to D.Now I can see the D
drive At boot, in device manger. but I can not access it. It will not let me
change it back to D or let me get to it. It looks to be hidden~~how do I un
hide it
2 answers Last reply
More about hidden hard drive

    Tweakui can be used to unhide drives.
    open run--gpedit.msc. Goto
    User Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Windows
    Explorer and unhide the drives.
    "Joe~~tucson Az" <Joe~~tucson Az@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > After installing SP2 ,my computer crashed, I had to format, and reinstall
    XP
    > home.
    > I have a C drive,that the OS goes on with my other
    > programs,office,money,anti virus.it 10 gigs..I have a D drive 30 gigs that
    > use for programs such as AOL. Netscape and to store music and school work.
    > And 2 CD burners.
    > After I reinstalled XP Home, it renamed my E burner to D.Now I can see the
    > drive At boot, in device manger. but I can not access it. It will not let
    me
    > change it back to D or let me get to it. It looks to be hidden~~how do I
    un
    > hide it

    It can also be a matter of "ownership" of the drive because
    the new install of the OS could limit access to the old
    drive.

    See http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=308421

    "msnews.microsoft.com" <xxx@xxx.com> wrote in message
    | Tweakui can be used to unhide drives.
    | open run--gpedit.msc. Goto
    | User Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows
    Components\Windows
    | Explorer and unhide the drives.
    | "Joe~~tucson Az" <Joe~~tucson
    Az@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    | > After installing SP2 ,my computer crashed, I had to
    format, and reinstall
    | XP
    | > home.
    | > I have a C drive,that the OS goes on with my other
    | > programs,office,money,anti virus.it 10 gigs..I have a D
    drive 30 gigs that
    | > use for programs such as AOL. Netscape and to store
    music and school work.
    | > And 2 CD burners.
    | > After I reinstalled XP Home, it renamed my E burner to
    D.Now I can see the
    | > drive At boot, in device manger. but I can not access
    it. It will not let
    | me
    | > change it back to D or let me get to it. It looks to be
    hidden~~how do I
    | un
    | > hide it

Windows XP