Windows XP logon screen does not appear and the computer c..

I have got the same problem as highlighted in Microsoft
Knowledge Base Article - 310396.

I can follow all the steps succesfully as described apart
from the last one where it should expand When I complete
the last step it just says The path or file specified is
not valid where it should say "Kernel32.dll, 1 file(s)
expanded". Can anyone please advise. Thanks.
1 answer Last reply
More about windows logon screen computer

    Have you tried simply doing a repair operation? I would boot off the
    Windows XP CD, choose to INSTALL, then press R to repair the
    installation of XP ;)

    -----
    Nathan McNulty

    ash wrote:
    > I have got the same problem as highlighted in Microsoft
    > Knowledge Base Article - 310396.
    >
    > I can follow all the steps succesfully as described apart
    > from the last one where it should expand When I complete
    > the last step it just says The path or file specified is
    > not valid where it should say "Kernel32.dll, 1 file(s)
    > expanded". Can anyone please advise. Thanks.

Computers Microsoft Windows XP