Windows XP logon screen does not appear and the computer c..

October 4, 2004 7:09:00 PM

I have got the same problem as highlighted in Microsoft
Knowledge Base Article - 310396.

I can follow all the steps succesfully as described apart
from the last one where it should expand When I complete
the last step it just says The path or file specified is
not valid where it should say "Kernel32.dll, 1 file(s)
expanded". Can anyone please advise. Thanks.
Anonymous
October 5, 2004 3:47:16 AM

Have you tried simply doing a repair operation? I would boot off the
Windows XP CD, choose to INSTALL, then press R to repair the
installation of XP ;)

-----
Nathan McNulty

!