CD Wizard doesn't work

Joe

After installing SP2, I can't write files to a CD -
the "Wizard" doesn't seem to recognize there is a CD in
the driver. Any suggestions...many thanks ??
Joe
GlobalJoe@aol.com

Two thoughts. First, update the chipset (motherboard) drivers. These
can be obtained from Toshiba's support site by looking up your computer
model. Second, you may want to try the suggestions here:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;324129

-----
Nathan McNulty

Joe wrote:
> After installing SP2, I can't write files to a CD -
> the "Wizard" doesn't seem to recognize there is a CD in
> the driver. Any suggestions...many thanks ??
> Joe
> GlobalJoe@aol.com

Disregard the Toshiba part unless you actually own a Toshiba :)

A little copy and paste without editing :p

-----
Nathan McNulty

Joe wrote:
> After installing SP2, I can't write files to a CD -
> the "Wizard" doesn't seem to recognize there is a CD in
> the driver. Any suggestions...many thanks ??
> Joe
> GlobalJoe@aol.com

hi joe i have found this problem too! have you solved it yet i cant find an
answer

"Joe" wrote:

> After installing SP2, I can't write files to a CD -
> the "Wizard" doesn't seem to recognize there is a CD in
> the driver. Any suggestions...many thanks ??
> Joe
> GlobalJoe@aol.com

I am having this same problem. Sony CD-R worked fine then all of a sudden
quit. When I checked it says device working properly. But it is not. I have
tried to uninstall and scan for hardware updates. Maybe I just do not
understand all of this I just want it to work.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks Trish

> hi joe i have found this problem too! have you solved it yet i cant find an
> answer
>
> "Joe" wrote:
>
> > After installing SP2, I can't write files to a CD -
> > the "Wizard" doesn't seem to recognize there is a CD in
> > the driver. Any suggestions...many thanks ??
> > Joe
> > GlobalJoe@aol.com

graham

I have the same problem. My hard drive got frazzled so I installed a new one
& XP with SP2 - now when I try to write to a CD, all the messages say it's
working but it isn't. It's a Samsung CDRW/DVD SM308B. I'm still using the
same media I was before. can anyone help please ?

Thanks

Graham
leesgraham@hotmail.com
--
Thanks

"Trish" wrote:

> I am having this same problem. Sony CD-R worked fine then all of a sudden
> quit. When I checked it says device working properly. But it is not. I have
> tried to uninstall and scan for hardware updates. Maybe I just do not
> understand all of this I just want it to work.
> Any help would be appreciated.
> Thanks Trish
>

> > hi joe i have found this problem too! have you solved it yet i cant find an
> > answer
> >
> > "Joe" wrote:
> >
> > > After installing SP2, I can't write files to a CD -
> > > the "Wizard" doesn't seem to recognize there is a CD in
> > > the driver. Any suggestions...many thanks ??
> > > Joe
> > > GlobalJoe@aol.com

ANy help out there to solving this problem. I really do not want to have to
buy another CD drive. I need help have tried I the suggestions that I found
but nothing is working. Does Microsoft have any idea what is going on?
--
Tgreaves

"Graham" wrote:

> I have the same problem. My hard drive got frazzled so I installed a new one
> & XP with SP2 - now when I try to write to a CD, all the messages say it's
> working but it isn't. It's a Samsung CDRW/DVD SM308B. I'm still using the
> same media I was before. can anyone help please ?
>
> Thanks
>
> Graham
> leesgraham@hotmail.com
> --
> Thanks
>

> "Trish" wrote:
>
> > I am having this same problem. Sony CD-R worked fine then all of a sudden
> > quit. When I checked it says device working properly. But it is not. I have
> > tried to uninstall and scan for hardware updates. Maybe I just do not
> > understand all of this I just want it to work.
> > Any help would be appreciated.
> > Thanks Trish
> >

> > > hi joe i have found this problem too! have you solved it yet i cant find an
> > > answer

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/321641/ try this link. Also, have you
cleaned your drive lately? Try a different disk?

--
PCDaddyPosted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup access