RCPilot

Champion
Good article... I ordered about $8,000 from Newegg last year.... Nice to see how the business end of it looks!!!!

I order more from ZipZoomFly now though.... The shipping is better, is about all.....

RCPilot

Champion
Are you old enough to drink?????

If so, it takes years to become a Coors Master!!!!!!

I heft up several every day, just to keep in Coors trim!!!! I have for longer than you've been around, I would guess..... It's a life long quest.... It ends when they plant you & you start pushing up daisies....

It's been fine for me, but I wouldn't want to lead someone into anything that they can't handle.... What I do & handle, could kill another Man.... I can't be responsible for anyone else & I wouldn't lead anyone down a path that I've lived..... I try & take care of myself as best I can....

I've got a few degrees myself & I would advise you to pay attention on getting that education.... Once you've got that, the rest will fall into place!!!!! :wink:

Smiley

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2004
Pretty high-tech warehouse! :)

Newegg customer service is just great! Stupid PowerColor didn't do anything when I contacted them about missing items against list of content printed on box itself. Newegg, on the other hand, ordered and shipped me the items (and extra actually) at no extra cost to me. :eek:

PsPfr00b

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
well, i live in sweden (for those who dont know, its to the right of norway, left of finland, up right of england)

newegg is an US company rite?

what will the shipping costs be, and is newegg reliable?(gurantee's n defect products)

Feb 24, 2006
Pretty high-tech warehouse! :)

Newegg customer service is just great! Stupid PowerColor didn't do anything when I contacted them about missing items against list of content printed on box itself. Newegg, on the other hand, ordered and shipped me the items (and extra actually) at no extra cost to me. :eek:

HeySmiley and fellow TG FORUM members,

We just wanted to say thanks for the support. And for those of you who don't know we are available here on TG FORUMS to provide assistance when needed on your Newegg orders.

Please feel free to PM us if you ever have any issue concerning an order you recently placed on our website. We do our best to search through this lovely forum looking for our valued customers who may be in need of our assistance.

Thanks again everyone for taking the time to read our post.

Sincerely,

Newegg Customer Support
--"Once You Know, You Newegg."
http://www.newegg.com/CustomerService/ContactUs.asp - Newegg customer support link
Customer Service #: (800) 390-1119

maddog1265

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2006
Newegg is by far one of the best online stores to shop. Their customer service is excellent. RMA if needed is a breeze. Communication is excellent. Shipping rates and prices in general are some of the lowest you'll find. Check them out, you won't regret it!
VC

losmeme

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2005
I used to shop NewEgg pretty heavily. But then I experienced their very bad habit of re-packaging returns to re-sell them as new product first hand. (You don't actually believe that they tested this item before sending it out, do you??)

This has happened to me twice in the past 4 months on NewEgg.

The most recent order was for an FX5500 Video Card. The product arrived with blue ball point pen marks UNDERNEATH the shrink wrap. Called EVGA, and the card had been registered already! I am sending the card back to EVGA for the return, as NewEgg has absolutely no integrity.

NewEgg's Whittier California warehouse is their "Refurb" warehouse. If you have ordered new product (especially video cards), and it is sent from Whittier, check it out carefully.

Sure you call, and they apologize for the "mistake" and offer to accept the product back and send out a new order. Fine, but I have a really big problem with them characterizing this instance as a "mistake". How can it be a mistake when they actively re-package and re-shrink wrap products??

I'm sure their customer service is fine, pricing & availibility all fine. But can you really trust a company that so actively tries to deceive their customers? NewEgg, you remember who the customers are, right?? We're the ones with the MONEY!! (And my money is going elsewhere.)

What was the last thing you ordered from NewEgg? Are you SURE it wasn't re-packaged??

Feb 24, 2006
I used to shop NewEgg pretty heavily. But then I experienced their very bad habit of re-packaging returns to re-sell them as new product first hand. (You don't actually believe that they tested this item before sending it out, do you??)

This has happened to me twice in the past 4 months on NewEgg.

The most recent order was for an FX5500 Video Card. The product arrived with blue ball point pen marks UNDERNEATH the shrink wrap. Called EVGA, and the card had been registered already! I am sending the card back to EVGA for the return, as NewEgg has absolutely no integrity.

NewEgg's Whittier California warehouse is their "Refurb" warehouse. If you have ordered new product (especially video cards), and it is sent from Whittier, check it out carefully.

Sure you call, and they apologize for the "mistake" and offer to accept the product back and send out a new order. Fine, but I have a really big problem with them characterizing this instance as a "mistake". How can it be a mistake when they actively re-package and re-shrink wrap products??

I'm sure their customer service is fine, pricing & availibility all fine. But can you really trust a company that so actively tries to deceive their customers? NewEgg, you remember who the customers are, right?? We're the ones with the MONEY!! (And my money is going elsewhere.)

What was the last thing you ordered from NewEgg? Are you SURE it wasn't re-packaged??

Hey losmeme,

We apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced. Please let us know what can be done to assist you with this issue. We would not want to lose your business due to this situation.

You are correct in saying that we do not test our products prior to shipment. No products we sell are tested. We receive all products directly from the manufacturer or vendor and are shipped the way they are received. So essentially you are pretty much buying direct from the vendor or manufacturer. The benefits of purchasing through Newegg.com are prompt shipment, lower prices (negotiation with the manufacturers'), and the best customer service available.

When an item is returned to us for refund/repair/replacement it will go through a few steps. First, depending on the reason for the return, our RMA department will test for defects that were described by the customer returning the item. Once the defect is confirmed we pack it up and send it to the manufacturer for a repair/replacement of the item. In the meantime we either refund the original customer or send him/her a replacement. Then a few weeks later we receive the item back ready to sell. If the item is repaired then we sell it as refurbished and if the item is replaced for a new one then we will sell that one as new.

We understand that no company will ever be perfect but we will actively try our best to reach that goal. In no way would we ever want to deceive our valued customers. If this were something that we were to practice continuously we would definitely not be in business today.

Please feel free to PM us with any further questions or concerns. If anyone needs assistance with a current or older order please also do not hesitate to contact us. Thanks everyone.

losmeme

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2005
Actually, I used the "ContactUs" four months ago when I received a WD Raptor hard drive that had been shipped with no packaging material, rolling around in a box. The molex connector on the drive was damaged, (broken plastic) meaning that only the SATA power connector worked.

I never received anything but an autoreply saying my message had been received. What was that again about wanting to help out in the situation??

BTW, you absolutely contradict yourself in your own email. Paragraph two states that you do not test any equipment in any way whatsoever.

No products we sell are tested.

You go on to state in the next paragraph that when an item is received by RMA, it is tested, and when a defect is found the item is sent back to the manufacturer.

. . . our RMA department will test for defects. . .

What happens when the item is tested and found not to be "defective" by your RMA techs? You re-package the item and re-sell it as new? Right? That seems to be my experience with NewEgg.

Who are your RMA techs anyway? Are they certified by the manufacturer to test their products? Or do you hire a bunch of minimum wage high school kids to do that for you at the least possible cost?? I have to wonder at this, as this product is so OBVIOUSLY re-packaged the second I pull it out of the shipping box. This card had blue, ball-point pen "X"s on the box, UNDERNEATH the shrinkwrap. Gives me alot of faith the card is new, retail as I ordered.

Whoever is doing your testing in RMA doesn't seem to have their eye on things.

I've already made nice with my local retailer. 20% more expensive, but the man has the integrity of the Pope.

Bye, NewEgg. You've become oh so transparent, and more than a little rotten around the edges.

Feb 24, 2006
Hello losmeme,

You are correct we apologize. The "brand new" products that we receive directly from the manufacturer/vendor we do not test. These products are shipped just as they are received to our customers. If there is any apparent defective or damage then we will be more than willing to assist in correcting the problem.

When an item is returned to us for one of many reason then we must test the item to confirm that we are indeed receiving an item in the condition that the customer has indicated. Customer stats that they received a defective product and then returns the product to us opened and in perfect working order. We 1. Return the product to the customer (depends on the item) 2. Apply a 15% restocking if it's being returned for a refund and process it as a refurbished (used) item.

We are not implying that you did not receive an open item when purchasing a new product. Although this is completely unacceptable we do understand that this has happened. We have been working to reduce the chance of this reoccurring.

We understand and respect your decision to shop elsewhere due to your unfavorable experience with us (Newegg). Please kindly note that we will always welcome your business and we are here to assist with any issue you may have, hopefully none, on your future orders.