Help! For some reason, my cd-rw and cd-rom stopped being
recongnized in My Computer. Checked Device Manager.
Devices show up, but when checking properties, I receive
because its configuration information (in the registry)
is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)" Tried uninstalling
and re-installing. Same thing. Installed a brand new
DVD device. Same error. Anyone know how to address this?

Thanks a bunch!

Jerry D.

Create a restore point before changing the resgistry.

Remove the Upperfilters and Lowerfilters values completely from the
following registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11C
E-BFC1-08002BE10318}

Restart your computer

"Jerry D." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Help! For some reason, my cd-rw and cd-rom stopped being
> recongnized in My Computer. Checked Device Manager.
> Devices show up, but when checking properties, I receive
> because its configuration information (in the registry)
> is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)" Tried uninstalling
> and re-installing. Same thing. Installed a brand new
> DVD device. Same error. Anyone know how to address this?
>
> Thanks a bunch!
>
> Jerry D.

Goto http://aumha.org/win5/a/xpcd.php#problems
See the second "problem" (read the caveats)
Run the provided registry patch

That should fix your problem (basically, a filter driver is missing or
non-operational, the registry patch will delete the filter drivers
references for your cdrom(s))

Basically, the reg file from above carries out the steps displayed at this
website

CD-ROM Drive or DVD-ROM Drive Missing After You Install Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;320553

CD-ROM Access Is Missing and Messages Cite Error Code 31, Code 32, Code 19,
or Code 39 After You Remove Easy CD Creator in Windows XP

(It'll fix code 41 errors too as per the contents of the last kb article)

--
Jason Tsang - Microsoft MVP

Find out about the MS MVP Program -

"Jerry D." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Help! For some reason, my cd-rw and cd-rom stopped being
> recongnized in My Computer. Checked Device Manager.
> Devices show up, but when checking properties, I receive
> because its configuration information (in the registry)
> is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)" Tried uninstalling
> and re-installing. Same thing. Installed a brand new
> DVD device. Same error. Anyone know how to address this?
>
> Thanks a bunch!
>
> Jerry D.

lots of tks.. had this tbl, for bout two days, tks to reading your posts,
followed
your instructions and fixed.. again tks
county mounty
"Jason Tsang" wrote:

> Goto http://aumha.org/win5/a/xpcd.php#problems
> See the second "problem" (read the caveats)
> Run the provided registry patch
>
> That should fix your problem (basically, a filter driver is missing or
> non-operational, the registry patch will delete the filter drivers
> references for your cdrom(s))
>

> Basically, the reg file from above carries out the steps displayed at this
> website
>

> CD-ROM Drive or DVD-ROM Drive Missing After You Install Windows XP
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;320553
>
> CD-ROM Access Is Missing and Messages Cite Error Code 31, Code 32, Code 19,
> or Code 39 After You Remove Easy CD Creator in Windows XP
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314060
>

> (It'll fix code 41 errors too as per the contents of the last kb article)
>

> --
> Jason Tsang - Microsoft MVP
>
> Find out about the MS MVP Program -
> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx
>
> "Jerry D." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Help! For some reason, my cd-rw and cd-rom stopped being
> > recongnized in My Computer. Checked Device Manager.
> > Devices show up, but when checking properties, I receive
> > because its configuration information (in the registry)
> > is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)" Tried uninstalling
> > and re-installing. Same thing. Installed a brand new
> > DVD device. Same error. Anyone know how to address this?
> >
> > Thanks a bunch!
> >
> > Jerry D.

Glad to hear that it worked for you....