Problem...
The Generic USB Hub is a HI-SPEED USB device and will
function at reduced speed when plugged into a non-HI-
SPEED port.
I've had this problem with xpsp1 and xpsp2. It will give
me a list of usb2.0 ports to use, but everyport I try
gives me the same error message. Any ideas?

In order to have USB 2.0, you must have a USB 2.0 port on the computer
and a USB 2.0 device connected to it. If either is not USB 2.0, it will
only run at USB 1.1 speeds. You may need to install the latest (or
proper) drivers for your USB 2.0 controller. What device is this that
you are having problems with?

-----
Nathan McNulty