firewire stopped working after sp 2 upgrade

I upgraded xp to sp 2 and everything works fine, except
my firewire port has stopped being recognized and won't
work. Anyone have any ideas on how to backlevel that
driver only to sp1?

Simply reinstall the FireWire drivers. If the port is stuck on the
motherboard, you may need to install the latest drivers for your
motherboard (chipset drivers). If it is a PCI Card, you may need to
find updated drivers on the manufacturer's website or try installing the
drivers it came with :)

-----
Nathan McNulty

"gnew" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I upgraded xp to sp 2 and everything works fine, except
> my firewire port has stopped being recognized and won't
> work. Anyone have any ideas on how to backlevel that
> driver only to sp1?

I've had a similar problem, though it turns out to not be the port, but the
drivers for the one firewire device I use (an M-Audio Firewire 410). They
note on their site that the drivers don't work properly with XPSP2, and the
device is not recognised. It *may* work if I reinstall the drivers, but
will not work after a reboot.

I've had to remove SP2 from that machine, and use the SP2 blocking utility
referenced on the m-audio site. Now it works fine.

So, check to see if it is the port or the device attached that is giving
problems.

HTH
-pk