PC Freezes on dialup

nick

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Alrite,

I am running Windows XP Service Pack 1 and nearly
everytime I connect to the Internet via modem the computer
freezes. I then restart the computer and it will then
connect to the Internet straight away, everytime. I was
just wondering if anyone knew why this was??? I have no
hardware conflicts!!!

Thanks

Nick

Have you deleted your modem driver then reinstall it?

Nick wrote:
> Alrite,
>
> I am running Windows XP Service Pack 1 and nearly
> everytime I connect to the Internet via modem the computer
> freezes. I then restart the computer and it will then
> connect to the Internet straight away, everytime. I was
> just wondering if anyone knew why this was??? I have no
> hardware conflicts!!!
>
> Thanks
>
> Nick

No, but I will try in tar