D-Link DI-514 Setup Problems with WinXP SP2 + cable modem

I have a good question for all of you.

I'm trying to hook up a D-Link D1-514 wireless router to a Terayon
TJ615 Rogers cable modem on Windows XP SP2, but whenever I hook up the
cross-connected wire from the modem to the WAN port on the router and
an ethernet cable to the computer, the IP is not reset by the router
(the settings for the Network Connection are set to automatically
detect). Even if I set up a static IP in the range of the router
(192.168.0.1 for the gateway, 192.168.0.2 for the computer), it still
doesn't allow me reach the web config panel for the router (by typing
in 192.168.0.1 in IE).

I've already gone through the support articles on the support.dlink.com
site, reset all the IE settings, disabled the firewall, tried enabling
NetBIOS over TCP/IP, resetting the router to factory settings, cylcing
power, rebooting, but nothing works !!!! Whenever I try to ping
192.168.0.1 I get the 'Request timed out' error. I'm thinking of
rolling back Windows with a system restore to SP1 and trying from
there.

Sooo ... is there an issue with the D-Link DI-514 and Windows XP SP 2 ?

And if nobody knows, where should I post this question ?

No issue, you should be using a straight through cable. The router port will
handle the cross connection itself.

Robert...
<superslicka2@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I have a good question for all of you.
>
> I'm trying to hook up a D-Link D1-514 wireless router to a Terayon
> TJ615 Rogers cable modem on Windows XP SP2, but whenever I hook up the
> cross-connected wire from the modem to the WAN port on the router and
> an ethernet cable to the computer, the IP is not reset by the router
> (the settings for the Network Connection are set to automatically
> detect). Even if I set up a static IP in the range of the router
> (192.168.0.1 for the gateway, 192.168.0.2 for the computer), it still
> doesn't allow me reach the web config panel for the router (by typing
> in 192.168.0.1 in IE).
>
> I've already gone through the support articles on the support.dlink.com
> site, reset all the IE settings, disabled the firewall, tried enabling
> NetBIOS over TCP/IP, resetting the router to factory settings, cylcing
> power, rebooting, but nothing works !!!! Whenever I try to ping
> 192.168.0.1 I get the 'Request timed out' error. I'm thinking of
> rolling back Windows with a system restore to SP1 and trying from
> there.
>
> Sooo ... is there an issue with the D-Link DI-514 and Windows XP SP 2 ?
>

> And if nobody knows, where should I post this question ?

TRENDING THREADS