Need Help with NVRAID Setup on ECS KN1 Extreme

Hi,

I have an ECS KN1 Extreme and two WD 80 GB HDs that I just bought and
would like to make it RAID 1.

I have been having lots of problems trying to get the RAID setup.

I have 1 hard drive plugged into SATA1 on the MB and have the other
drive plugged into SATA2 on the MB.

When I enable the RAID in the BIOS, do I enable all of these below?
SATA1 Primary - enable?
SATA1 Secondary - enable?
SATA2 Primary - enable?
SATA2 Secondary - enable?

During POST, if the RAID is setup properly, it will not show the hard
drives correct?

Thanks,

Ray

UPDATE 1:

I have compiled 10 steps to hopefully get the RAID working:

1. Disable RAID in the BIOS.
2. Use a DOS boot disk.
3. Format both hard drives.
4. Clear MBR on both hard drives.
5. Reboot system.
6. Enable and configure primary/secondary SATA drives in the RAID
Config in the BIOS.
7. Configure the array/mirror in the NVIDIA RAID Utility.
8. Reboot system, put Win XP CD in.
9. Boot from CD.
10. Press F6 and load both NVIDIA RAID Drivers.

Cross fingers and pray it works

Any additions or comments? I'm gonna try it after work today and see if
it works!

UPDATE 2:

Ok, well my NVRAID Status shows healthy.

I was able to run the Windows non-gui setup. It copied all the Windows
setup files and then said it was going to start Windows - and the the
computer restarted.

My computer now just hangs during POST on 'Verifying DMI Pool
Data........'

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Ray

During Windows Setup (after I load the RAID drivers), it says 'Setup is
starting Windows'. Then it the screen flickers black a couple times
and the computer restarts.

It still hangs during POST on 'Verifying DMI Pool Data........'

I don't think the Windows installer completed, I just saw the initials
drivers being loaded, I did not see it copy any Windows setup files
over.

I have spend over 2 weeks on this problem.

I neeeed help.

thanks