K7S5A won't boot off SATA HD

I purchased a 80GB SATA HD and a SATA controller card for my PC. I can
see the SATA HD as drive D in WinXP, but if I try to make it my boot
disk the system doesn't see the HD.
3 answers Last reply
More about k7s5a boot sata
  1. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.elitegroup (More info?)

    The only way you can make a SATA a boot disk is if you can get the driver
    for it to load before anything else..... or if your mobo supports booting
    from RAID, which, the K7S5A does not, I dont believe.

    {SFU}Jackyl

    "bassplyr1964" <wtokich@hotmail-dot-com.no-spam.invalid> wrote in message
    >I purchased a 80GB SATA HD and a SATA controller card for my PC. I can
    > see the SATA HD as drive D in WinXP, but if I try to make it my boot
    > disk the system doesn't see the HD.

  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.elitegroup (More info?)

    OK here is the twist to the plot. If I leave my WinXP CD in the drive
    it will boot up. When it checks my SATA drive it says no boot record
    found. It sees the Win XP CD, I don't press enter to boot CD and then
    low and behold XP comes up. So I must be missing some files somewhere
    :?:
  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.elitegroup (More info?)

    Try changing the boot drive to boot from scsi in the bios.

    > OK here is the twist to the plot. If I leave my WinXP CD in the drive
    > it will boot up. When it checks my SATA drive it says no boot record
    > found. It sees the Win XP CD, I don't press enter to boot CD and then
    > low and behold XP comes up. So I must be missing some files somewhere
    > :?:

Elitegroup SATA HD Motherboards