K7S5A won't boot off SATA HD

Last response: in Motherboards
a b V Motherboard
April 10, 2005 10:41:42 AM

I purchased a 80GB SATA HD and a SATA controller card for my PC. I can
see the SATA HD as drive D in WinXP, but if I try to make it my boot
disk the system doesn't see the HD.

More about : k7s5a boot sata

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
April 16, 2005 4:55:01 PM

The only way you can make a SATA a boot disk is if you can get the driver
for it to load before anything else..... or if your mobo supports booting
from RAID, which, the K7S5A does not, I dont believe.

{SFU}Jackyl

"bassplyr1964" <wtokich@hotmail-dot-com.no-spam.invalid> wrote in message
>I purchased a 80GB SATA HD and a SATA controller card for my PC. I can
> see the SATA HD as drive D in WinXP, but if I try to make it my boot
> disk the system doesn't see the HD.

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
April 29, 2005 2:32:33 AM

OK here is the twist to the plot. If I leave my WinXP CD in the drive
it will boot up. When it checks my SATA drive it says no boot record
found. It sees the Win XP CD, I don't press enter to boot CD and then
low and behold XP comes up. So I must be missing some files somewhere
:?:
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
August 30, 2005 8:55:26 AM

Try changing the boot drive to boot from scsi in the bios.

!