Mouse Buttons only working while mouse is moving?

October 5, 2004 12:00:27 PM

Hey all,

I've just bought a Wireless Optical Desktop set (2.0),
and I am very satisfied with it, except for one little
niggle.

Basically what happens is when I click and drag, in any
application at all, everything works fine when the mouse
is moving, but when I stop moving the mouse, it seems to
also stop sending the 'left or right mouse button held
down' signal.

Is there a software fix available for this, or is this
just a faulty mouse?

I have looked all through the knowledge base and can't
find anything even remotely resembling this problem, and
the online No-charge support won't let me enter the PID,
as it's for a Wireless Optical Desktop 2.0, which you
can't actually select from the drop down list on the

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Anonymous
October 6, 2004 12:21:51 PM

Take a look the setting in Mouse, Properties, Activities, "Click lock".

Craig wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> I've just bought a Wireless Optical Desktop set (2.0),
> and I am very satisfied with it, except for one little
> niggle.
>
> Basically what happens is when I click and drag, in any
> application at all, everything works fine when the mouse
> is moving, but when I stop moving the mouse, it seems to
> also stop sending the 'left or right mouse button held
> down' signal.
>
> Is there a software fix available for this, or is this
> just a faulty mouse?
>
> I have looked all through the knowledge base and can't
> find anything even remotely resembling this problem, and
> the online No-charge support won't let me enter the PID,
> as it's for a Wireless Optical Desktop 2.0, which you
> can't actually select from the drop down list on the

> Thanks in advance.

October 7, 2004 2:04:23 PM

No, i'm afraid that didn't do anything.

Anonymous
October 7, 2004 8:14:58 PM

Maybe it is broken, I suppose that it is possible. Try return and get
another, is all I would try.

!