Tags:
  • Drivers
  • Windows 7
  • Printers
  • Hewlett Packard
  • Deskjet
Last response: in Windows 7
February 2, 2011 3:48:19 AM

Hi I recently built a new system and have an old Hewlett Packard Deskjet 540 printer.

Went out today and bought a parallel to usb cable connector and hooked the printer up.

Made the connections and all. Turned on the PC and it recogized the cable I believe but didn't find the printer.

I know this printer has no problems on my Windows XP Professional Machine as XP came preloaded with all the drivers to make this thing work. I thought the same would be for Windows 7 but was sadly disappointed.

Anyway to get this working on Windows 7?

More about : hewlett packard deskjet 540 windows

a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
a b α HP
February 2, 2011 4:10:58 AM

It's an orphaned product. HP likes to do that. They want you to buy a new printer from them.
m
l
Related resources
February 2, 2011 10:27:24 AM

Yeah I've seen that support list myself way before I made this post.

I was just hoping someone may have gotten this printer to work or may know how to on Windows 7 as I have no problems with it on Windows XP as I plug, play and go on XP.

I used www.google.com and googled the words "Hewlett Packard Deskjet 540" + "Windows 7"

I got a few hits for some websites that seem to have drivers for Windows 7. Wether these sites are trustworthy is another thing.

Any suggestions to get this printer to work?

m
l
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
February 2, 2011 11:32:43 AM

only thing to try is use the xp drivers see if it works or not.
m
l
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
a b α HP
February 2, 2011 6:29:10 PM

fowang said:
only thing to try is use the xp drivers see if it works or not.

It won't work. Different driver model.
m
l
October 26, 2011 10:18:47 AM

I had the same problem. If you use the HP Deskjet 600 (Monochrome) driver in the list offered by Windows7 it will work perfectly.
m
l
April 26, 2012 12:37:17 PM

Tried hp deskjet 600 (Monochrome) driver with windows 7 and could not get it to work.
m
l
!