Third party inkjet printer drivers

The latest Canon driver for my i550 has four individual wide-range color
balance controls for intensity of cyan, magenta, yellow and black. It
also has a wide-range intensity control that affects all four inks at
once, and a three-level brightness control: light, normal, and dark.

Using non-Canon inks, on Kodak paper, I can't get really good color
balance. On a gray scale the darker steps tend toward green and the
lighter steps tend toward magenta.

Are there third party drivers that go beyond the Canon driver by adding
brightness and/or gamma controls for each ink? Where do I find them?

I'm using W98 and IrfanView to print JPGs.

(I know I should stick with Canon inks and paper for best results in my
Canon printer.)

Thanks,

Ray

Greetings Ray,

The driver for your printer is what drives the printer etc. The Kodak One
Touch option that is included with EasyShare software relates to adjustments
to your printer driver if you use Kodak paper. If you do not then the
settings for the default or however you set your printer to perform will be
used.

The basis for our One Touch settings are based on the inks used by a
particular printer, i.e. Canon with Canon ink, HP with HP ink, and so on.
If you use refills, then there is no telling what the ink may be that you
are using as no testing can be done. If you stick to the ink that is
supplied by the printer manufacturer and you do choose to use the One Touch
feature it will yield great results on Kodak paper.

Check the general settings that we provide for any given paper we make to
work with most all popular printers. Click on the Settings link from the
page below.

http://www.kodak.com/go/inkjet

Good Luck Ray,

Ron Baird
Eastman Kodak Company

">
> Miss Perspicacia Tick wrote:
>
> > Ray K wrote:
> >
> >>The latest Canon driver for my i550 has four individual wide-range
> >>color balance controls for intensity of cyan, magenta, yellow and
> >>black. It also has a wide-range intensity control that affects all
> >>four inks at once, and a three-level brightness control: light,
> >>normal, and dark.
> >>
> >>Using non-Canon inks, on Kodak paper, I can't get really good color
> >>balance. On a gray scale the darker steps tend toward green and the
> >>lighter steps tend toward magenta.
> >>
> >>Are there third party drivers that go beyond the Canon driver by
> >>adding brightness and/or gamma controls for each ink? Where do I find
> >>them?
> >>
> >>I'm using W98 and IrfanView to print JPGs.
> >>
> >>(I know I should stick with Canon inks and paper for best results in
> >>my Canon printer.)
> >>
> >>Thanks,
> >>
> >>Ray

Take a look at Red River www.redrivercatalog.com RR Ultra Pro Gloss and
Satin is very good and much less expensive than Canon papers.
--
Ron Cohen

> Unfortunately, JT paper isn't very readily available in the US. Their
> website isn't helpful at all. I'll watch for really good sales on Canon
> and stock up.
>
> Ray

---
AVG reports Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.