Files not visable after copying to CD

October 5, 2004 11:58:25 PM

My mother-in-law is having problems with her CD-R. I am
trying to troubleshoot this long distance but having no
luck. She copies photos (using WIN-XP's copy) to the CD-R
and clicks the write to cd option to write them from the
temp files to the actual CD. She then clicks on the cd-
rom to view the pictures and there is nothing there, the
window is completly blank. She has sent me a couple of
the cd's that have this problem and my computer see's the
pictures without problems. She can read files on a
purchased CD without problems.

I am completely stumped as to how to get it working
again. after going through multiple pages of the
newsgroup I have tried the MS patch that fixes most of the
problems with CD-burning (no change) and I have also
tried to delete the UpperFilters and LowerFilters out of
some key in the registry, but they never existed in the
first place.

Help me Help her

More about : files visable copying

Anonymous
October 6, 2004 7:01:52 PM

"Chuck" <ChuckO.Rector@yellowcorp.com> ha scritto nel messaggio
> My mother-in-law is having problems with her CD-R. I am
> trying to troubleshoot this long distance but having no
> luck. She copies photos (using WIN-XP's copy) to the CD-R
> and clicks the write to cd option to write them from the
> temp files to the actual CD. She then clicks on the cd-
> rom to view the pictures and there is nothing there, the
> window is completly blank. She has sent me a couple of
> the cd's that have this problem and my computer see's the
> pictures without problems. She can read files on a
> purchased CD without problems.
>
> I am completely stumped as to how to get it working
> again. after going through multiple pages of the
> newsgroup I have tried the MS patch that fixes most of the
> problems with CD-burning (no change) and I have also
> tried to delete the UpperFilters and LowerFilters out of
> some key in the registry, but they never existed in the
> first place.
>
> Help me Help her

Win xp copy is a inutility: user nero burning or some other EASY software
with WIZARD
October 6, 2004 10:04:02 PM

Copying is not her problem, as I had said above the CD's
are perfectly readable on another computer. It's the
viewing of the files on her machine that doesn't work. I
click on the CDRom in My Computer and I get no errors but
the window is completely blank.
I will have her try that and see if it makes a difference.
At this point I am willing to try anything
October 6, 2004 10:45:18 PM

Ok She has already tried that, I guess a copy of Nero came
packaged with the Nero software. Same results. Blank
window.
Anonymous
October 7, 2004 9:21:46 PM

Try:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;321641

-----
Nathan McNulty

October 7, 2004 10:54:00 PM

No luck I tried everything in that knowledge base article
with no change. One thing I did notice, was that even
though I had her change the transfer mode to "DMA if
available" after I had her reboot the "current transfer
mode" was still PIO. I have went ahead and bought a new
CD-R drive and sent it to her. That will either fix the
problem or eliminate the hardware from the possible
problems.

Any other ideas???

Chuck

us;321641

>-----
>Nathan McNulty

Anonymous
October 8, 2004 4:42:20 AM

Have you tried reinstalling/updating the chipset (motherboard) drivers?
I would look at that first, then double check the BIOS settings, then
try removing the device from Device Manager (Start-Run-devmgmt.msc) and
reboot. If none of that helps, post back :)

-----
Nathan McNulty

!