City of Heroes

Last response: in Video Games
March 1, 2005 10:16:36 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

Daft question... does anyody ahppen to play City of Heroes at all? Picked
up my copy today and have found it's like the first day of school -- I
don't know anyone an nobody wants to play with me! :)

--
Orin, the AGLAMI Scoundrel
----------------------------------

More about : city heroes

Anonymous
March 2, 2005 12:43:05 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

Earlier Orin muttered:

>Daft question... does anyody ahppen to play City of Heroes at all? Picked
>up my copy today and have found it's like the first day of school -- I
>don't know anyone an nobody wants to play with me! :)

I have never heard of it before. What is it?

--
pixel - knight of aglami
www.warande.net/~pixel

Pixel "#~ wrote:

>>Daft question... does anyody ahppen to play City of Heroes at all? Picked
>>up my copy today and have found it's like the first day of school -- I
>>don't know anyone an nobody wants to play with me! :)
>
> I have never heard of it before. What is it?

Isn't that the online game where you create a superhero?
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
March 2, 2005 6:40:26 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

Her, yes her, we've got a file on you:

>Pixel "#~ wrote:
>
>>>Daft question... does anyody ahppen to play City of Heroes at all? Picked
>>>up my copy today and have found it's like the first day of school -- I
>>>don't know anyone an nobody wants to play with me! :)
>>
>> I have never heard of it before. What is it?
>
>Isn't that the online game where you create a superhero?

i'm avoiding it like mad right now, even though it calls to me even in
my sleep.
--

¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,Blondestranger,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤
¤º°`°º¤¤º°`°º¤¤º°`°º¤

On Wed, 02 Mar 2005 18:32:54 +0100, Pixel "#~ wrote:

>>> Explain more about it.
>>> I have never heard of it in my life.
>>> A game about superheroes?
>>
>>No, a massively multiplayer online roleplaying game about superheroes.
>
> Ooh, alright.

Essentially, with COH you create a superhero then join the server -- you
run about doing missions and beating up random enemy NPCs to level up. It's
good fun, but better in a group.
Anonymous
March 3, 2005 12:11:14 AM

On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 22:33:34 -0500, blondestranger wrote:

> Her, yes her, we've got a file on you:

>>> I have never heard of it before. What is it?
>>
>>Isn't that the online game where you create a superhero?
>
> i'm avoiding it like mad right now, even though it calls to me even in
> my sleep.

Go on, give in! Then I'll have someone to play online with -- we could even
start an AGLAMI supergroup (actually, that would be cool!) and meet
reggularly to kick evil's butt!
March 3, 2005 1:49:41 AM

Orin wrote:

>>>Isn't that the online game where you create a superhero?
>>
>>i'm avoiding it like mad right now, even though it calls to me even in
>>my sleep.
>
> Go on, give in! Then I'll have someone to play online with -- we could even
> start an AGLAMI supergroup (actually, that would be cool!) and meet
> reggularly to kick evil's butt!

God, you're THIS close to making me buy this thing. You and the rest of
you people with your "Ooo, City of Heroes is so gree-eeat!" "I love this
gaa-aaame!" "I haven't spoken to another human being for six moo-oonths!".
But I MUST RESIST!
Actually, my economics advisor assures me that there's no way in hell
I'm even going to be allowed anywhere near a software shoppe of any
description. Sorry.
Say, just out of interest, why not World of Warcraft? I hear it's
approximately 50% more likely to cause a complete breakdown of any and
all real world social relations you may have.
March 5, 2005 5:00:23 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

On Wed, 02 Mar 2005 22:49:41 +0100, Sean
<sgegg@hotspammeallyouwantpop.com> wrote:

>Say, just out of interest, why not World of Warcraft? I hear it's
>approximately 50% more likely to cause a complete breakdown of any and
>all real world social relations you may have.

Yes, and supposedly it's also better.

--
Kasper
Anonymous

On Wed, 02 Mar 2005 22:49:41 +0100, Sean wrote:

> God, you're THIS close to making me buy this thing. You and the rest of
> you people with your "Ooo, City of Heroes is so gree-eeat!" "I love this
> gaa-aaame!" "I haven't spoken to another human being for six moo-oonths!".
> But I MUST RESIST!
> Actually, my economics advisor assures me that there's no way in hell
> I'm even going to be allowed anywhere near a software shoppe of any
> description. Sorry.
> Say, just out of interest, why not World of Warcraft? I hear it's
> approximately 50% more likely to cause a complete breakdown of any and
> all real world social relations you may have.

WOW's not really my sorta thing, to be honest.. Wasn't a fan of the
original games, so... meh.
Anonymous
March 6, 2005 10:00:19 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

Orin knows it all...
|Go on, give in! Then I'll have someone to play online with -- we could even
|start an AGLAMI supergroup (actually, that would be cool!) and meet
|reggularly to kick evil's butt!

*looks at screenshots*

It does not look like the sort of game my computer
would be able to handle, I think :(

But it really would be nice to find an online
multiplayer game that many Aglamians can and want
to play. What about this:

http://survival.com.my/

It is free, cute and runs on most computers.

--
ervaqre, a dead pirate
March 6, 2005 10:12:46 PM

Orin wrote:

>>God, you're THIS close to making me buy this thing. You and the rest of
>>you people with your "Ooo, City of Heroes is so gree-eeat!" "I love this
>>gaa-aaame!" "I haven't spoken to another human being for six moo-oonths!".
>>But I MUST RESIST!
>>Actually, my economics advisor assures me that there's no way in hell
>>I'm even going to be allowed anywhere near a software shoppe of any
>>description. Sorry.
>>Say, just out of interest, why not World of Warcraft? I hear it's
>>approximately 50% more likely to cause a complete breakdown of any and
>>all real world social relations you may have.
>
> WOW's not really my sorta thing, to be honest.. Wasn't a fan of the
> original games, so... meh.

Your personal preferences don't enter into it, I'm afraid.
Anonymous
March 7, 2005 9:50:46 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

Kasper knows it all...
|>WOW's not really my sorta thing, to be honest.. Wasn't a fan of the
|>original games, so... meh.
|
|The only things WOW shares with the original games is the setting,
|afaik. It plays just like every other MMORPG, only better.

And you need a beast of a computer for it.

--
ervaqre, a dead pirate
Anonymous

Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

Earlier ervaqre muttered:

>|Go on, give in! Then I'll have someone to play online with -- we could even
>|start an AGLAMI supergroup (actually, that would be cool!) and meet
>|reggularly to kick evil's butt!
>
>*looks at screenshots*
>
>It does not look like the sort of game my computer
>would be able to handle, I think :(
>
>But it really would be nice to find an online
>multiplayer game that many Aglamians can and want
>to play. What about this:
>
>http://survival.com.my/
>
>It is free, cute and runs on most computers.

As long as it isn't as bloat as that site is... :-)

--
pixel - knight of aglami
www.warande.net/~pixel
jwerf at phil dot uu dot nl
msn: johannesvanderwerf at hotmail dot com
icq: 58550811
www.aglami.net (new!)
-
FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC
-
Anonymous
March 8, 2005 3:36:25 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

Pixel "#~ knows it all...
|>http://survival.com.my/
|>
|>It is free, cute and runs on most computers.
|
|As long as it isn't as bloat as that site is... :-)

It is, so it has a slight learning curve, just like
Malaysians, btw.

--
ervaqre, a dead pirate
Anonymous

Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

Earlier ervaqre muttered:

>|>http://survival.com.my/
>|>
>|>It is free, cute and runs on most computers.
>|
>|As long as it isn't as bloat as that site is... :-)
>
>It is, so it has a slight learning curve, just like
>Malaysians, btw.

Oh, it doesn't work btw. Ends up in all sorts of errors...

--
pixel - knight of aglami
www.warande.net/~pixel
jwerf at phil dot uu dot nl
msn: johannesvanderwerf at hotmail dot com
icq: 58550811
www.aglami.net (new!)
-
FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC
-
Anonymous
March 8, 2005 4:09:12 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

Pixel "#~ knows it all...
|Oh, it doesn't work btw. Ends up in all sorts of errors...

Not on my computer...it works just fine. Really,
your computer which cannot run half of the software
around scares me, pixel!

--
ervaqre, a dead pirate
Anonymous

Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

Earlier ervaqre muttered:

>|Oh, it doesn't work btw. Ends up in all sorts of errors...
>
>Not on my computer...it works just fine. Really,
>your computer which cannot run half of the software
>around scares me, pixel!

Bleh.

--
pixel - knight of aglami
www.warande.net/~pixel
jwerf at phil dot uu dot nl
msn: johannesvanderwerf at hotmail dot com
icq: 58550811
www.aglami.net (new!)
-
FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC
-
Anonymous
March 9, 2005 5:30:16 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

A day without Pixel "#~ is like a day without sunshine...

>>> Oh, it doesn't work btw. Ends up in all sorts of errors...
>>
>> Not on my computer...it works just fine. Really,
>> your computer which cannot run half of the software
>> around scares me, pixel!
>
> Bleh.

We should play this:
http://www.pong-story.com/pcpong.htm

--
Daffy, the combustible duck.
--> www.aglami.net <--

Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

Earlier Daffy muttered:

>>> Not on my computer...it works just fine. Really,
>>> your computer which cannot run half of the software
>>> around scares me, pixel!
>>
>> Bleh.
>
>We should play this:
>http://www.pong-story.com/pcpong.htm

But it isn't multiplayer...

--
pixel - knight of aglami
www.warande.net/~pixel
jwerf at phil dot uu dot nl
msn: johannesvanderwerf at hotmail dot com
icq: 58550811
www.aglami.net (new!)
-
FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC
-
Anonymous
March 9, 2005 3:23:24 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

A day without Pixel "#~ is like a day without sunshine...

>>> Bleh.
>>
>> We should play this:
>> http://www.pong-story.com/pcpong.htm
>
> But it isn't multiplayer...

Well, someone else can fix the problems with the plan.

--
Daffy, the combustible duck.
--> www.aglami.net <--
daffy(at)aglami(dot)net
M$N: daffy889@hotmail.com [no emails]
Anonymous
March 9, 2005 3:23:25 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

Earlier Daffy muttered:

>>> We should play this:
>>> http://www.pong-story.com/pcpong.htm
>>
>> But it isn't multiplayer...
>
>Well, someone else can fix the problems with the plan.

Someone should write a pong playable of the internet.

--
pixel - knight of aglami
www.warande.net/~pixel
jwerf at phil dot uu dot nl
msn: johannesvanderwerf at hotmail dot com
icq: 58550811
www.aglami.net (new!)
-
FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC
-
Anonymous
March 9, 2005 3:36:17 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

A day without Pixel "#~ is like a day without sunshine...

>>> But it isn't multiplayer...
>>
>> Well, someone else can fix the problems with the plan.
>
> Someone should write a pong playable of the internet.

Yes, I elect you to do that.

--
Daffy, the combustible duck.
--> www.aglami.net <--
daffy(at)aglami(dot)net
M$N: daffy889@hotmail.com [no emails]
Anonymous
March 9, 2005 3:56:14 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

Earlier Daffy muttered:

>>> Well, someone else can fix the problems with the plan.
>>
>> Someone should write a pong playable of the internet.
>
>Yes, I elect you to do that.

I can't.

--
pixel - knight of aglami
www.warande.net/~pixel
jwerf at phil dot uu dot nl
msn: johannesvanderwerf at hotmail dot com
icq: 58550811
www.aglami.net (new!)
-
FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC
-
Anonymous
March 9, 2005 9:56:19 PM

On Sun, 06 Mar 2005 19:12:46 +0100, Sean wrote:

>> WOW's not really my sorta thing, to be honest.. Wasn't a fan of the
>> original games, so... meh.
>
> Your personal preferences don't enter into it, I'm afraid.

My preferences don't enter into whether or not I would enjoy a game?
March 10, 2005 12:56:24 AM

Orin wrote:

>>>WOW's not really my sorta thing, to be honest.. Wasn't a fan of the
>>>original games, so... meh.
>>
>>Your personal preferences don't enter into it, I'm afraid.
>
> My preferences don't enter into whether or not I would enjoy a game?

Afraid not.
Anonymous
March 10, 2005 3:27:11 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

A day without Pixel "#~ is like a day without sunshine...

>>> Someone should write a pong playable of the internet.
>>
>> Yes, I elect you to do that.
>
> I can't.

Not with an attitude like that you can't.

--
Daffy, the combustible duck.
--> www.aglami.net <--
daffy(at)aglami(dot)net
M$N: daffy889@hotmail.com [no emails]
Anonymous
March 10, 2005 3:27:12 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

Earlier Daffy muttered:

>>> Yes, I elect you to do that.
>>
>> I can't.
>
>Not with an attitude like that you can't.

I am selling these fine apathic attitudes...

--
pixel - knight of aglami
www.warande.net/~pixel
jwerf at phil dot uu dot nl
msn: johannesvanderwerf at hotmail dot com
icq: 58550811
www.aglami.net (new!)
-
FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC
-
Anonymous
March 10, 2005 4:20:31 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

A day without Pixel "#~ is like a day without sunshine...

>>> I can't.
>>
>> Not with an attitude like that you can't.
>
> I am selling these fine apathic attitudes...

Wow! Do you accept Republican credits?

--
Daffy, the combustible duck.
--> www.aglami.net <--
daffy(at)aglami(dot)net
M$N: daffy889@hotmail.com [no emails]
Anonymous
March 10, 2005 4:20:32 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

Earlier Daffy muttered:

>>> Not with an attitude like that you can't.
>>
>> I am selling these fine apathic attitudes...
>
>Wow! Do you accept Republican credits?

I only except wooden nickels... and euros.

--
pixel - knight of aglami
www.warande.net/~pixel
jwerf at phil dot uu dot nl
msn: johannesvanderwerf at hotmail dot com
icq: 58550811
www.aglami.net (new!)
-
FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC
-
Anonymous
March 11, 2005 2:49:23 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

A day without Pixel "#~ is like a day without sunshine...

>>> I am selling these fine apathic attitudes...
>>
>> Wow! Do you accept Republican credits?
>
> I only except wooden nickels... and euros.

....and Republican credits.
*waves a hand in front of Pixel's face*

--
Daffy, the combustible duck.
--> www.aglami.net <--
daffy(at)aglami(dot)net
M$N: daffy889@hotmail.com [no emails]
Anonymous
March 14, 2005 5:04:24 PM

okay, what about http://www.project-link.net or
http://www.zeldaonline.com? Though, they are unfinished projects, blehh..

--
ervaqre, a dead pirate
Anonymous

Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

Earlier ervaqre muttered:

>|>Not on my computer...it works just fine. Really,
>|>your computer which cannot run half of the software
>|>around scares me, pixel!
>|
>|Bleh.
>
>okay, what about http://www.project-link.net or
>http://www.zeldaonline.com? Though, they are unfinished projects, blehh..

Oh, I should try looking into quake3 again, since I changed graphic
cards, so it might run a bit better. Do you still play it?

--
pixel - knight of aglami
www.warande.net/~pixel
jwerf at phil dot uu dot nl
msn: johannesvanderwerf at hotmail dot com
icq: 58550811
www.aglami.net (new!)
-
FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC
-
March 15, 2005 12:41:43 AM

Pixel "#~ wrote:

>>|Bleh.
>>
>>okay, what about http://www.project-link.net or
>>http://www.zeldaonline.com? Though, they are unfinished projects, blehh..
>
> Oh, I should try looking into quake3 again, since I changed graphic
> cards, so it might run a bit better. Do you still play it?

I think I may still have a GunBound account...
Anonymous
March 15, 2005 3:07:07 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

Earlier Sean muttered:

>>>okay, what about http://www.project-link.net or
>>>http://www.zeldaonline.com? Though, they are unfinished projects, blehh..
>>
>> Oh, I should try looking into quake3 again, since I changed graphic
>> cards, so it might run a bit better. Do you still play it?
>
>I think I may still have a GunBound account...

A what?

--
pixel - knight of aglami
www.warande.net/~pixel
jwerf at phil dot uu dot nl
msn: johannesvanderwerf at hotmail dot com
icq: 58550811
www.aglami.net (new!)
-
FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC
-
Anonymous
March 15, 2005 12:14:38 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

Pixel "#~ knows it all...
|>okay, what about http://www.project-link.net or
|>http://www.zeldaonline.com? Though, they are unfinished projects, blehh..
|
|Oh, I should try looking into quake3 again, since I changed graphic
|cards, so it might run a bit better. Do you still play it?

Hmmm...I never seriously played Quake 3, but I might be able to install
it.

--
ervaqre, a dead pirate
Anonymous

Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

Pixel "#~ knows it all...
|>> Oh, I should try looking into quake3 again, since I changed graphic
|>> cards, so it might run a bit better. Do you still play it?
|>
|>I think I may still have a GunBound account...
|
|A what?

He's loco.

--
ervaqre, a dead pirate
March 15, 2005 4:39:57 PM

Pixel "#~ wrote:

>>>Oh, I should try looking into quake3 again, since I changed graphic
>>>cards, so it might run a bit better. Do you still play it?
>>
>>I think I may still have a GunBound account...
>
> A what?

It's a game. A game about GUNS.
Anonymous
March 15, 2005 9:01:21 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

ervaqre knows it all...
||Oh, I should try looking into quake3 again, since I changed graphic
||cards, so it might run a bit better. Do you still play it?
|
|Hmmm...I never seriously played Quake 3, but I might be able to install
|it.

Hmm...I just played it and to be honest, I think it is not very good.
Unreal Tournament is much, much better.

--
ervaqre, the lone usenet wanderer

|www.aglami.net|
ervaqre|at|aglami|dot|net
Anonymous
March 16, 2005 3:25:59 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

Earlier ervaqre muttered:

>|>okay, what about http://www.project-link.net or
>|>http://www.zeldaonline.com? Though, they are unfinished projects, blehh..
>|
>|Oh, I should try looking into quake3 again, since I changed graphic
>|cards, so it might run a bit better. Do you still play it?
>
>Hmmm...I never seriously played Quake 3, but I might be able to install
>it.

What was it then, that I installed a couple of weeks ago? Unreal?

--
pixel - knight of aglami
www.warande.net/~pixel
jwerf at phil dot uu dot nl
msn: johannesvanderwerf at hotmail dot com
icq: 58550811
www.aglami.net (new!)
-
FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC
-
Anonymous
March 16, 2005 3:26:00 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

Pixel "#~ knows it all...
|>Hmmm...I never seriously played Quake 3, but I might be able to install
|>it.
|
|What was it then, that I installed a couple of weeks ago? Unreal?

I recommended Unreal Tournament to you, but I don't know whether you
actually installed it. This is the game I mean:

http://www.unrealtournament.com/utgoty/

Although, for some strange reason when I deinstalled Tactical Ops, a
Counter Strike clone, it wiped my entire Unreal Tournament folder. Now I
am sad.

--
ervaqre, the lone usenet wanderer

|www.aglami.net|
ervaqre|at|aglami|dot|net
Anonymous
March 16, 2005 3:27:25 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

Earlier ervaqre muttered:

>||Oh, I should try looking into quake3 again, since I changed graphic
>||cards, so it might run a bit better. Do you still play it?
>|
>|Hmmm...I never seriously played Quake 3, but I might be able to install
>|it.
>
>Hmm...I just played it and to be honest, I think it is not very good.
>Unreal Tournament is much, much better.

Oh, yes. I got the two mixed up. Quake 3 is fun to play at LAN parties
where your opponent are within shouting distance. But I preferred
Quake 2 to 3 actually...

--
pixel - knight of aglami
www.warande.net/~pixel
jwerf at phil dot uu dot nl
msn: johannesvanderwerf at hotmail dot com
icq: 58550811
www.aglami.net (new!)
-
FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC
-
Anonymous
March 16, 2005 3:27:26 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

Pixel "#~ knows it all...
|>Hmm...I just played it and to be honest, I think it is not very good.
|>Unreal Tournament is much, much better.
|
|Oh, yes. I got the two mixed up. Quake 3 is fun to play at LAN parties
|where your opponent are within shouting distance. But I preferred
|Quake 2 to 3 actually...

Me too, Quake 3 was so messy, with bright colours and funky items to pick
up, it disturbed my mind. At least in Quake 2, a railgun lying in some
corner looked like a railgun and not like a blue flashing triangle. Also,
even though I must admit it was the demo I tried out, I noticed that you
cannot disable bobbing. I hate that in a game. It makes me motion-sick!

--
ervaqre, the lone usenet wanderer

|www.aglami.net|
ervaqre|at|aglami|dot|net
March 16, 2005 10:48:49 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

Reason not withstanding the universe continued unabated and ervaqre
spoke forth:

>Pixel "#~ knows it all...
>|>Hmm...I just played it and to be honest, I think it is not very good.
>|>Unreal Tournament is much, much better.
>|
>|Oh, yes. I got the two mixed up. Quake 3 is fun to play at LAN parties
>|where your opponent are within shouting distance. But I preferred
>|Quake 2 to 3 actually...
>
>Me too, Quake 3 was so messy, with bright colours and funky items to pick
>up, it disturbed my mind. At least in Quake 2, a railgun lying in some
>corner looked like a railgun and not like a blue flashing triangle. Also,
>even though I must admit it was the demo I tried out, I noticed that you
>cannot disable bobbing. I hate that in a game. It makes me motion-sick!

I like the original quake with the GL mods but I can't getthatto work
any more with these modern graphic cards :-(
--
D.

"The Sphynx of the Caverns is the deadliest of all.
It possesses the head of a snake,
the body of a snake
and the feet of a snake."
Anonymous
March 16, 2005 5:33:19 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

Earlier Sean muttered:

>>>I think I may still have a GunBound account...
>>
>> A what?
>
>It's a game. A game about GUNS.

An armsdealer game? How crude...

--
pixel - knight of aglami
www.warande.net/~pixel
jwerf at phil dot uu dot nl
msn: johannesvanderwerf at hotmail dot com
icq: 58550811
www.aglami.net (new!)
-
FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC
-
March 16, 2005 10:02:50 PM

Pixel "#~ wrote:

>>>A what?
>>
>>It's a game. A game about GUNS.
>
> An armsdealer game? How crude...

Actually, while there is a shop portion of the game, it is impossible to
buy new guns. Everyone has the same set of guns available to them.
Anonymous
March 17, 2005 5:04:00 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

A day without Pixel "#~ is like a day without sunshine...

>>> Oh, it doesn't work btw. Ends up in all sorts of errors...
>>
>> Not on my computer...it works just fine. Really,
>> your computer which cannot run half of the software
>> around scares me, pixel!
>
> Bleh.

We should play this, whatever it is:
http://www.ourcolony.net/

--
Daffy, the combustible duck.
--> www.aglami.net <--
daffy(at)aglami(dot)net
M$N: daffy889@hotmail.com [no emails]
March 17, 2005 5:04:01 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 02:04:00 +1030, "Daffy" <daffy889@imalga.net>
wrote:

>>> Not on my computer...it works just fine. Really,
>>> your computer which cannot run half of the software
>>> around scares me, pixel!
>>
>> Bleh.
>
>We should play this, whatever it is:
>http://www.ourcolony.net/

Damn, that page annoyed me. But I got in.

--
Kasper
Anonymous

"Kasper" <nospam@thanks.com> wrote in message

>>> Bleh.
>>
>>We should play this, whatever it is:
>>http://www.ourcolony.net/
>
> Damn, that page annoyed me. But I got in.

(...the links... it must have something to do with the links... and the
time? But the time changes... counting down? It has to be relevant...
and yet one can't brouse the humanclock site... and there's not enough time
to wait for it to roll round naturally... what is the 55 anyway? Days...?)

--
The Triad
User of 'Thingamajig!'

Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

Earlier ervaqre muttered:

>|>Hmmm...I never seriously played Quake 3, but I might be able to install
>|>it.
>|
>|What was it then, that I installed a couple of weeks ago? Unreal?
>
>I recommended Unreal Tournament to you, but I don't know whether you
>actually installed it. This is the game I mean:
>
>http://www.unrealtournament.com/utgoty/
>
>Although, for some strange reason when I deinstalled Tactical Ops, a
>Counter Strike clone, it wiped my entire Unreal Tournament folder. Now I
>am sad.

What does the goty stand for?

--
pixel - knight of aglami
www.warande.net/~pixel
msn: johannesvanderwerf at hotmail dot com
icq: 58550811
www.aglami.net
-
FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC
-
Anonymous
March 18, 2005 2:01:07 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

Earlier The Triad muttered:

>>>We should play this, whatever it is:
>>>http://www.ourcolony.net/
>>
>> Damn, that page annoyed me. But I got in.
>
>(...the links... it must have something to do with the links... and the
>time? But the time changes... counting down? It has to be relevant...
>and yet one can't brouse the humanclock site... and there's not enough time
>to wait for it to roll round naturally... what is the 55 anyway? Days...?)

It makes no sense. Anyway, I am not in the puzzling mood, I just
finished Zork: GI.

--
pixel - knight of aglami
www.warande.net/~pixel