City of Heroes

Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

Daft question... does anyody ahppen to play City of Heroes at all? Picked
up my copy today and have found it's like the first day of school -- I
don't know anyone an nobody wants to play with me! :)

--
Orin, the AGLAMI Scoundrel
----------------------------------

    Earlier Orin muttered:

    >Daft question... does anyody ahppen to play City of Heroes at all? Picked
    >up my copy today and have found it's like the first day of school -- I
    >don't know anyone an nobody wants to play with me! :)

    I have never heard of it before. What is it?

    --
    pixel - knight of aglami
    www.warande.net/~pixel

    Pixel "#~ wrote:

    >>Daft question... does anyody ahppen to play City of Heroes at all? Picked
    >>up my copy today and have found it's like the first day of school -- I
    >>don't know anyone an nobody wants to play with me! :)
    >
    > I have never heard of it before. What is it?

    Isn't that the online game where you create a superhero?
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

    Her, yes her, we've got a file on you:

    >Pixel "#~ wrote:
    >
    >>>Daft question... does anyody ahppen to play City of Heroes at all? Picked
    >>>up my copy today and have found it's like the first day of school -- I
    >>>don't know anyone an nobody wants to play with me! :)
    >>
    >> I have never heard of it before. What is it?
    >
    >Isn't that the online game where you create a superhero?

    i'm avoiding it like mad right now, even though it calls to me even in
    my sleep.
    --

    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,Blondestranger,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤
    ¤º°`°º¤¤º°`°º¤¤º°`°º¤

    On Wed, 02 Mar 2005 18:32:54 +0100, Pixel "#~ wrote:

    >>> Explain more about it.
    >>> I have never heard of it in my life.
    >>> A game about superheroes?
    >>
    >>No, a massively multiplayer online roleplaying game about superheroes.
    >
    > Ooh, alright.

    Essentially, with COH you create a superhero then join the server -- you
    run about doing missions and beating up random enemy NPCs to level up. It's
    good fun, but better in a group.
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

    On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 22:33:34 -0500, blondestranger wrote:

    > Her, yes her, we've got a file on you:

    >>> I have never heard of it before. What is it?
    >>
    >>Isn't that the online game where you create a superhero?
    >
    > i'm avoiding it like mad right now, even though it calls to me even in
    > my sleep.

    Go on, give in! Then I'll have someone to play online with -- we could even
    start an AGLAMI supergroup (actually, that would be cool!) and meet
    reggularly to kick evil's butt!
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

    Orin wrote:

    >>>Isn't that the online game where you create a superhero?
    >>
    >>i'm avoiding it like mad right now, even though it calls to me even in
    >>my sleep.
    >
    > Go on, give in! Then I'll have someone to play online with -- we could even
    > start an AGLAMI supergroup (actually, that would be cool!) and meet
    > reggularly to kick evil's butt!

    God, you're THIS close to making me buy this thing. You and the rest of
    you people with your "Ooo, City of Heroes is so gree-eeat!" "I love this
    gaa-aaame!" "I haven't spoken to another human being for six moo-oonths!".
    But I MUST RESIST!
    Actually, my economics advisor assures me that there's no way in hell
    I'm even going to be allowed anywhere near a software shoppe of any
    description. Sorry.
    Say, just out of interest, why not World of Warcraft? I hear it's
    approximately 50% more likely to cause a complete breakdown of any and
    all real world social relations you may have.
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

    On Wed, 02 Mar 2005 22:49:41 +0100, Sean
    <sgegg@hotspammeallyouwantpop.com> wrote:

    >Say, just out of interest, why not World of Warcraft? I hear it's
    >approximately 50% more likely to cause a complete breakdown of any and
    >all real world social relations you may have.

    Yes, and supposedly it's also better.

    --
    Kasper
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

    On Wed, 02 Mar 2005 22:49:41 +0100, Sean wrote:

    > God, you're THIS close to making me buy this thing. You and the rest of
    > you people with your "Ooo, City of Heroes is so gree-eeat!" "I love this
    > gaa-aaame!" "I haven't spoken to another human being for six moo-oonths!".
    > But I MUST RESIST!
    > Actually, my economics advisor assures me that there's no way in hell
    > I'm even going to be allowed anywhere near a software shoppe of any
    > description. Sorry.
    > Say, just out of interest, why not World of Warcraft? I hear it's
    > approximately 50% more likely to cause a complete breakdown of any and
    > all real world social relations you may have.

    WOW's not really my sorta thing, to be honest.. Wasn't a fan of the
    original games, so... meh.
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

    Orin knows it all...
    |Go on, give in! Then I'll have someone to play online with -- we could even
    |start an AGLAMI supergroup (actually, that would be cool!) and meet
    |reggularly to kick evil's butt!

    *looks at screenshots*

    It does not look like the sort of game my computer
    would be able to handle, I think :(

    But it really would be nice to find an online
    multiplayer game that many Aglamians can and want
    to play. What about this:

    http://survival.com.my/

    It is free, cute and runs on most computers.

    --
    ervaqre, a dead pirate
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

    Orin wrote:

    >>God, you're THIS close to making me buy this thing. You and the rest of
    >>you people with your "Ooo, City of Heroes is so gree-eeat!" "I love this
    >>gaa-aaame!" "I haven't spoken to another human being for six moo-oonths!".
    >>But I MUST RESIST!
    >>Actually, my economics advisor assures me that there's no way in hell
    >>I'm even going to be allowed anywhere near a software shoppe of any
    >>description. Sorry.
    >>Say, just out of interest, why not World of Warcraft? I hear it's
    >>approximately 50% more likely to cause a complete breakdown of any and
    >>all real world social relations you may have.
    >
    > WOW's not really my sorta thing, to be honest.. Wasn't a fan of the
    > original games, so... meh.

    Your personal preferences don't enter into it, I'm afraid.
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

    Kasper knows it all...
    |>WOW's not really my sorta thing, to be honest.. Wasn't a fan of the
    |>original games, so... meh.
    |
    |The only things WOW shares with the original games is the setting,
    |afaik. It plays just like every other MMORPG, only better.

    And you need a beast of a computer for it.

    --
    ervaqre, a dead pirate
  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

    Earlier ervaqre muttered:

    >|Go on, give in! Then I'll have someone to play online with -- we could even
    >|start an AGLAMI supergroup (actually, that would be cool!) and meet
    >|reggularly to kick evil's butt!
    >
    >*looks at screenshots*
    >
    >It does not look like the sort of game my computer
    >would be able to handle, I think :(
    >
    >But it really would be nice to find an online
    >multiplayer game that many Aglamians can and want
    >to play. What about this:
    >
    >http://survival.com.my/
    >
    >It is free, cute and runs on most computers.

    As long as it isn't as bloat as that site is... :-)

    --
    pixel - knight of aglami
    www.warande.net/~pixel
    jwerf at phil dot uu dot nl
    msn: johannesvanderwerf at hotmail dot com
    icq: 58550811
    www.aglami.net (new!)
    -
    FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC
    -
  13. Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

    Pixel "#~ knows it all...
    |>http://survival.com.my/
    |>
    |>It is free, cute and runs on most computers.
    |
    |As long as it isn't as bloat as that site is... :-)

    It is, so it has a slight learning curve, just like
    Malaysians, btw.

    --
    ervaqre, a dead pirate
  14. Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

    Earlier ervaqre muttered:

    >|>http://survival.com.my/
    >|>
    >|>It is free, cute and runs on most computers.
    >|
    >|As long as it isn't as bloat as that site is... :-)
    >
    >It is, so it has a slight learning curve, just like
    >Malaysians, btw.

    Oh, it doesn't work btw. Ends up in all sorts of errors...

    --
    pixel - knight of aglami
    www.warande.net/~pixel
    jwerf at phil dot uu dot nl
    msn: johannesvanderwerf at hotmail dot com
    icq: 58550811
    www.aglami.net (new!)
    -
    FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC
    -
  15. Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

    Pixel "#~ knows it all...
    |Oh, it doesn't work btw. Ends up in all sorts of errors...

    Not on my computer...it works just fine. Really,
    your computer which cannot run half of the software
    around scares me, pixel!

    --
    ervaqre, a dead pirate
  16. Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

    Earlier ervaqre muttered:

    >|Oh, it doesn't work btw. Ends up in all sorts of errors...
    >
    >Not on my computer...it works just fine. Really,
    >your computer which cannot run half of the software
    >around scares me, pixel!

    Bleh.

    --
    pixel - knight of aglami
    www.warande.net/~pixel
    jwerf at phil dot uu dot nl
    msn: johannesvanderwerf at hotmail dot com
    icq: 58550811
    www.aglami.net (new!)
    -
    FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC
    -
  17. Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

    A day without Pixel "#~ is like a day without sunshine...

    >>> Oh, it doesn't work btw. Ends up in all sorts of errors...
    >>
    >> Not on my computer...it works just fine. Really,
    >> your computer which cannot run half of the software
    >> around scares me, pixel!
    >
    > Bleh.

    We should play this:
    http://www.pong-story.com/pcpong.htm

    --
    Daffy, the combustible duck.
    --> www.aglami.net <--

    Earlier Daffy muttered:

    >>> Not on my computer...it works just fine. Really,
    >>> your computer which cannot run half of the software
    >>> around scares me, pixel!
    >>
    >> Bleh.
    >
    >We should play this:
    >http://www.pong-story.com/pcpong.htm

    But it isn't multiplayer...

    --
    pixel - knight of aglami
    www.warande.net/~pixel
    jwerf at phil dot uu dot nl
    msn: johannesvanderwerf at hotmail dot com
    icq: 58550811
    www.aglami.net (new!)
    -
    FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC
    -
  19. Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

    A day without Pixel "#~ is like a day without sunshine...

    >>> Bleh.
    >>
    >> We should play this:
    >> http://www.pong-story.com/pcpong.htm
    >
    > But it isn't multiplayer...

    Well, someone else can fix the problems with the plan.

    --
    Daffy, the combustible duck.
    --> www.aglami.net <--
    daffy(at)aglami(dot)net
    M$N: daffy889@hotmail.com [no emails]
  20. Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

    Earlier Daffy muttered:

    >>> We should play this:
    >>> http://www.pong-story.com/pcpong.htm
    >>
    >> But it isn't multiplayer...
    >
    >Well, someone else can fix the problems with the plan.

    Someone should write a pong playable of the internet.

    --
    pixel - knight of aglami
    www.warande.net/~pixel
    jwerf at phil dot uu dot nl
    msn: johannesvanderwerf at hotmail dot com
    icq: 58550811
    www.aglami.net (new!)
    -
    FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC
    -
  21. Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

    A day without Pixel "#~ is like a day without sunshine...

    >>> But it isn't multiplayer...
    >>
    >> Well, someone else can fix the problems with the plan.
    >
    > Someone should write a pong playable of the internet.

    Yes, I elect you to do that.

    --
    Daffy, the combustible duck.
    --> www.aglami.net <--
    daffy(at)aglami(dot)net
    M$N: daffy889@hotmail.com [no emails]
  22. Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

    Earlier Daffy muttered:

    >>> Well, someone else can fix the problems with the plan.
    >>
    >> Someone should write a pong playable of the internet.
    >
    >Yes, I elect you to do that.

    I can't.

    --
    pixel - knight of aglami
    www.warande.net/~pixel
    jwerf at phil dot uu dot nl
    msn: johannesvanderwerf at hotmail dot com
    icq: 58550811
    www.aglami.net (new!)
    -
    FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC
    -
  23. Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

    On Sun, 06 Mar 2005 19:12:46 +0100, Sean wrote:

    >> WOW's not really my sorta thing, to be honest.. Wasn't a fan of the
    >> original games, so... meh.
    >
    > Your personal preferences don't enter into it, I'm afraid.

    My preferences don't enter into whether or not I would enjoy a game?
  24. Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

    Orin wrote:

    >>>WOW's not really my sorta thing, to be honest.. Wasn't a fan of the
    >>>original games, so... meh.
    >>
    >>Your personal preferences don't enter into it, I'm afraid.
    >
    > My preferences don't enter into whether or not I would enjoy a game?

    Afraid not.
  25. Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

    A day without Pixel "#~ is like a day without sunshine...

    >>> Someone should write a pong playable of the internet.
    >>
    >> Yes, I elect you to do that.
    >
    > I can't.

    Not with an attitude like that you can't.

    --
    Daffy, the combustible duck.
    --> www.aglami.net <--
    daffy(at)aglami(dot)net
    M$N: daffy889@hotmail.com [no emails]
  26. Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

    Earlier Daffy muttered:

    >>> Yes, I elect you to do that.
    >>
    >> I can't.
    >
    >Not with an attitude like that you can't.

    I am selling these fine apathic attitudes...

    --
    pixel - knight of aglami
    www.warande.net/~pixel
    jwerf at phil dot uu dot nl
    msn: johannesvanderwerf at hotmail dot com
    icq: 58550811
    www.aglami.net (new!)
    -
    FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC
    -
  27. Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

    A day without Pixel "#~ is like a day without sunshine...

    >>> I can't.
    >>
    >> Not with an attitude like that you can't.
    >
    > I am selling these fine apathic attitudes...

    Wow! Do you accept Republican credits?

    --
    Daffy, the combustible duck.
    --> www.aglami.net <--
    daffy(at)aglami(dot)net
    M$N: daffy889@hotmail.com [no emails]
  28. Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

    Earlier Daffy muttered:

    >>> Not with an attitude like that you can't.
    >>
    >> I am selling these fine apathic attitudes...
    >
    >Wow! Do you accept Republican credits?

    I only except wooden nickels... and euros.

    --
    pixel - knight of aglami
    www.warande.net/~pixel
    jwerf at phil dot uu dot nl
    msn: johannesvanderwerf at hotmail dot com
    icq: 58550811
    www.aglami.net (new!)
    -
    FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC
    -
  29. Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

    A day without Pixel "#~ is like a day without sunshine...

    >>> I am selling these fine apathic attitudes...
    >>
    >> Wow! Do you accept Republican credits?
    >
    > I only except wooden nickels... and euros.

    ....and Republican credits.
    *waves a hand in front of Pixel's face*

    --
    Daffy, the combustible duck.
    --> www.aglami.net <--
    daffy(at)aglami(dot)net
    M$N: daffy889@hotmail.com [no emails]
  30. Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

    okay, what about http://www.project-link.net or
    http://www.zeldaonline.com? Though, they are unfinished projects, blehh..

    --
    ervaqre, a dead pirate
  31. Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

    Earlier ervaqre muttered:

    >|>Not on my computer...it works just fine. Really,
    >|>your computer which cannot run half of the software
    >|>around scares me, pixel!
    >|
    >|Bleh.
    >
    >okay, what about http://www.project-link.net or
    >http://www.zeldaonline.com? Though, they are unfinished projects, blehh..

    Oh, I should try looking into quake3 again, since I changed graphic
    cards, so it might run a bit better. Do you still play it?

    --
    pixel - knight of aglami
    www.warande.net/~pixel
    jwerf at phil dot uu dot nl
    msn: johannesvanderwerf at hotmail dot com
    icq: 58550811
    www.aglami.net (new!)
    -
    FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC
    -
  32. Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

    Pixel "#~ wrote:

    >>|Bleh.
    >>
    >>okay, what about http://www.project-link.net or
    >>http://www.zeldaonline.com? Though, they are unfinished projects, blehh..
    >
    > Oh, I should try looking into quake3 again, since I changed graphic
    > cards, so it might run a bit better. Do you still play it?

    I think I may still have a GunBound account...
  33. Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

    Earlier Sean muttered:

    >>>okay, what about http://www.project-link.net or
    >>>http://www.zeldaonline.com? Though, they are unfinished projects, blehh..
    >>
    >> Oh, I should try looking into quake3 again, since I changed graphic
    >> cards, so it might run a bit better. Do you still play it?
    >
    >I think I may still have a GunBound account...

    A what?

    --
    pixel - knight of aglami
    www.warande.net/~pixel
    jwerf at phil dot uu dot nl
    msn: johannesvanderwerf at hotmail dot com
    icq: 58550811
    www.aglami.net (new!)
    -
    FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC
    -
  34. Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

    Pixel "#~ knows it all...
    |>okay, what about http://www.project-link.net or
    |>http://www.zeldaonline.com? Though, they are unfinished projects, blehh..
    |
    |Oh, I should try looking into quake3 again, since I changed graphic
    |cards, so it might run a bit better. Do you still play it?

    Hmmm...I never seriously played Quake 3, but I might be able to install
    it.

    --
    ervaqre, a dead pirate
  35. Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

    Pixel "#~ knows it all...
    |>> Oh, I should try looking into quake3 again, since I changed graphic
    |>> cards, so it might run a bit better. Do you still play it?
    |>
    |>I think I may still have a GunBound account...
    |
    |A what?

    He's loco.

    --
    ervaqre, a dead pirate
  36. Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

    Pixel "#~ wrote:

    >>>Oh, I should try looking into quake3 again, since I changed graphic
    >>>cards, so it might run a bit better. Do you still play it?
    >>
    >>I think I may still have a GunBound account...
    >
    > A what?

    It's a game. A game about GUNS.
  37. Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

    ervaqre knows it all...
    ||Oh, I should try looking into quake3 again, since I changed graphic
    ||cards, so it might run a bit better. Do you still play it?
    |
    |Hmmm...I never seriously played Quake 3, but I might be able to install
    |it.

    Hmm...I just played it and to be honest, I think it is not very good.
    Unreal Tournament is much, much better.

    --
    ervaqre, the lone usenet wanderer

    |www.aglami.net|
    ervaqre|at|aglami|dot|net
  38. Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

    Earlier ervaqre muttered:

    >|>okay, what about http://www.project-link.net or
    >|>http://www.zeldaonline.com? Though, they are unfinished projects, blehh..
    >|
    >|Oh, I should try looking into quake3 again, since I changed graphic
    >|cards, so it might run a bit better. Do you still play it?
    >
    >Hmmm...I never seriously played Quake 3, but I might be able to install
    >it.

    What was it then, that I installed a couple of weeks ago? Unreal?

    --
    pixel - knight of aglami
    www.warande.net/~pixel
    jwerf at phil dot uu dot nl
    msn: johannesvanderwerf at hotmail dot com
    icq: 58550811
    www.aglami.net (new!)
    -
    FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC
    -
  39. Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

    Pixel "#~ knows it all...
    |>Hmmm...I never seriously played Quake 3, but I might be able to install
    |>it.
    |
    |What was it then, that I installed a couple of weeks ago? Unreal?

    I recommended Unreal Tournament to you, but I don't know whether you
    actually installed it. This is the game I mean:

    http://www.unrealtournament.com/utgoty/

    Although, for some strange reason when I deinstalled Tactical Ops, a
    Counter Strike clone, it wiped my entire Unreal Tournament folder. Now I
    am sad.

    --
    ervaqre, the lone usenet wanderer

    |www.aglami.net|
    ervaqre|at|aglami|dot|net
  40. Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

    Earlier ervaqre muttered:

    >||Oh, I should try looking into quake3 again, since I changed graphic
    >||cards, so it might run a bit better. Do you still play it?
    >|
    >|Hmmm...I never seriously played Quake 3, but I might be able to install
    >|it.
    >
    >Hmm...I just played it and to be honest, I think it is not very good.
    >Unreal Tournament is much, much better.

    Oh, yes. I got the two mixed up. Quake 3 is fun to play at LAN parties
    where your opponent are within shouting distance. But I preferred
    Quake 2 to 3 actually...

    --
    pixel - knight of aglami
    www.warande.net/~pixel
    jwerf at phil dot uu dot nl
    msn: johannesvanderwerf at hotmail dot com
    icq: 58550811
    www.aglami.net (new!)
    -
    FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC
    -
  41. Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

    Pixel "#~ knows it all...
    |>Hmm...I just played it and to be honest, I think it is not very good.
    |>Unreal Tournament is much, much better.
    |
    |Oh, yes. I got the two mixed up. Quake 3 is fun to play at LAN parties
    |where your opponent are within shouting distance. But I preferred
    |Quake 2 to 3 actually...

    Me too, Quake 3 was so messy, with bright colours and funky items to pick
    up, it disturbed my mind. At least in Quake 2, a railgun lying in some
    corner looked like a railgun and not like a blue flashing triangle. Also,
    even though I must admit it was the demo I tried out, I noticed that you
    cannot disable bobbing. I hate that in a game. It makes me motion-sick!

    --
    ervaqre, the lone usenet wanderer

    |www.aglami.net|
    ervaqre|at|aglami|dot|net
  42. Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

    Reason not withstanding the universe continued unabated and ervaqre
    spoke forth:

    >Pixel "#~ knows it all...
    >|>Hmm...I just played it and to be honest, I think it is not very good.
    >|>Unreal Tournament is much, much better.
    >|
    >|Oh, yes. I got the two mixed up. Quake 3 is fun to play at LAN parties
    >|where your opponent are within shouting distance. But I preferred
    >|Quake 2 to 3 actually...
    >
    >Me too, Quake 3 was so messy, with bright colours and funky items to pick
    >up, it disturbed my mind. At least in Quake 2, a railgun lying in some
    >corner looked like a railgun and not like a blue flashing triangle. Also,
    >even though I must admit it was the demo I tried out, I noticed that you
    >cannot disable bobbing. I hate that in a game. It makes me motion-sick!

    I like the original quake with the GL mods but I can't getthatto work
    any more with these modern graphic cards :-(
    --
    D.

    "The Sphynx of the Caverns is the deadliest of all.
    It possesses the head of a snake,
    the body of a snake
    and the feet of a snake."
  43. Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

    Earlier Sean muttered:

    >>>I think I may still have a GunBound account...
    >>
    >> A what?
    >
    >It's a game. A game about GUNS.

    An armsdealer game? How crude...

    --
    pixel - knight of aglami
    www.warande.net/~pixel
    jwerf at phil dot uu dot nl
    msn: johannesvanderwerf at hotmail dot com
    icq: 58550811
    www.aglami.net (new!)
    -
    FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC
    -
  44. Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

    Pixel "#~ wrote:

    >>>A what?
    >>
    >>It's a game. A game about GUNS.
    >
    > An armsdealer game? How crude...

    Actually, while there is a shop portion of the game, it is impossible to
    buy new guns. Everyone has the same set of guns available to them.
  45. Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

    A day without Pixel "#~ is like a day without sunshine...

    >>> Oh, it doesn't work btw. Ends up in all sorts of errors...
    >>
    >> Not on my computer...it works just fine. Really,
    >> your computer which cannot run half of the software
    >> around scares me, pixel!
    >
    > Bleh.

    We should play this, whatever it is:
    http://www.ourcolony.net/

    --
    Daffy, the combustible duck.
    --> www.aglami.net <--
    daffy(at)aglami(dot)net
    M$N: daffy889@hotmail.com [no emails]
  46. Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

    On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 02:04:00 +1030, "Daffy" <daffy889@imalga.net>
    wrote:

    >>> Not on my computer...it works just fine. Really,
    >>> your computer which cannot run half of the software
    >>> around scares me, pixel!
    >>
    >> Bleh.
    >
    >We should play this, whatever it is:
    >http://www.ourcolony.net/

    Damn, that page annoyed me. But I got in.

    --
    Kasper
  47. Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

    "Kasper" <nospam@thanks.com> wrote in message

    >>> Bleh.
    >>
    >>We should play this, whatever it is:
    >>http://www.ourcolony.net/
    >
    > Damn, that page annoyed me. But I got in.

    (...the links... it must have something to do with the links... and the
    time? But the time changes... counting down? It has to be relevant...
    and yet one can't brouse the humanclock site... and there's not enough time
    to wait for it to roll round naturally... what is the 55 anyway? Days...?)

    --
    The Triad
    User of 'Thingamajig!'

    Earlier ervaqre muttered:

    >|>Hmmm...I never seriously played Quake 3, but I might be able to install
    >|>it.
    >|
    >|What was it then, that I installed a couple of weeks ago? Unreal?
    >
    >I recommended Unreal Tournament to you, but I don't know whether you
    >actually installed it. This is the game I mean:
    >
    >http://www.unrealtournament.com/utgoty/
    >
    >Although, for some strange reason when I deinstalled Tactical Ops, a
    >Counter Strike clone, it wiped my entire Unreal Tournament folder. Now I
    >am sad.

    What does the goty stand for?

    --
    pixel - knight of aglami
    www.warande.net/~pixel
    msn: johannesvanderwerf at hotmail dot com
    icq: 58550811
    www.aglami.net
    -
    FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC
    -
  49. Archived from groups: alt.games.lucas-arts.monkey-island (More info?)

    Earlier The Triad muttered:

    >>>We should play this, whatever it is:
    >>>http://www.ourcolony.net/
    >>
    >> Damn, that page annoyed me. But I got in.
    >
    >(...the links... it must have something to do with the links... and the
    >time? But the time changes... counting down? It has to be relevant...
    >and yet one can't brouse the humanclock site... and there's not enough time
    >to wait for it to roll round naturally... what is the 55 anyway? Days...?)

    It makes no sense. Anyway, I am not in the puzzling mood, I just
    finished Zork: GI.

    --
    pixel - knight of aglami
    www.warande.net/~pixel
    msn: johannesvanderwerf at hotmail dot com
    icq: 58550811
    www.aglami.net
    -
    FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC