Can not cancel print job

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
June 10, 2004 11:07:02 AM

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers,comp.networks (More info?)

I recently set up a wired home network including 2 pcs (win 98se on
desktop, and win xp on laptop) and a print server (linksys 4 port
print server, w/ a HP usb printer attached), all connected to my
router (linksys 4 port router). I removed my laptop from the network
and tried to print accidentally and got a print error. But now when I
try to "cancel" the print job, I can not. It says cancelled, but it
never actually gets removed from the print status dialog box and I
constantly have the printer error ?mark in my systray.

Does this have something to do w/ the communication between the print
server and the printer and/or the pc being disconnected? Or a
bidirectional communication issue?

Any suggestions?

Thanks

More about : cancel print job

Anonymous
June 10, 2004 8:56:40 PM

On 10 Jun 2004 07:07:02 -0700, shermo_6@hotmail.com (shermo) wrote:

>I removed my laptop from the network
>and tried to print accidentally and got a print error. But now when I
>try to "cancel" the print job, I can not. It says cancelled, but it
>never actually gets removed from the print status dialog box

Delete all files in this directory
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\PRINTERS
Butterfield
!