Can not cancel print job

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers,comp.networks (More info?)

I recently set up a wired home network including 2 pcs (win 98se on
desktop, and win xp on laptop) and a print server (linksys 4 port
print server, w/ a HP usb printer attached), all connected to my
router (linksys 4 port router). I removed my laptop from the network
and tried to print accidentally and got a print error. But now when I
try to "cancel" the print job, I can not. It says cancelled, but it
never actually gets removed from the print status dialog box and I
constantly have the printer error ?mark in my systray.

Does this have something to do w/ the communication between the print
server and the printer and/or the pc being disconnected? Or a
bidirectional communication issue?

Any suggestions?

Thanks
1 answer Last reply
More about cancel print
  1. Archived from groups: comp.periphs.printers,comp.networks (More info?)

    On 10 Jun 2004 07:07:02 -0700, shermo_6@hotmail.com (shermo) wrote:

    >I removed my laptop from the network
    >and tried to print accidentally and got a print error. But now when I
    >try to "cancel" the print job, I can not. It says cancelled, but it
    >never actually gets removed from the print status dialog box

    Delete all files in this directory
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\PRINTERS
    Butterfield

Printers Servers Peripherals