Windows XP Pro doesn't boot

Hi, all!
I've got a problem with booting my WinXP Pro (looks like without SP,
probably SP1). I suspect the problem is corrupted driver of IDE controller
that was installed from motherboard manufacturer CD. Is it possible to force
using standard IDE controller's driver? If it so then how to do this?
Thanks
Mykhaylo Khodorev

Is it IDE controller 1 or 2 that is faulty?

You could move the HDD, which ever is at fault to the
other IDE controller and set it to master and then set
the cd/rom to slave and run both from one IDE controller,
your pc will be slightly slower but it should work.

Alternatively you could find out the motherboard type and
have a look on the internet for BIOS drivers/upgrades and
reflash the BIOS. However, you need to get this correct
or you can make a mess of the motherboard.

"Mykhaylo Khodorev" <ralfeus@chicagocentre.com.ua> wrote in message
> Hi, all!
> I've got a problem with booting my WinXP Pro (looks like without SP,
> probably SP1). I suspect the problem is corrupted driver of IDE controller
> that was installed from motherboard manufacturer CD. Is it possible to
force
> using standard IDE controller's driver? If it so then how to do this?
> Thanks
> Mykhaylo Khodorev

Launch the Device Manager via the Control Panel / System / Hardware,
then replace the driver.

I can't boot the computer. So I can't access Control Panel

"Pegasus (MVP)" <I.can@fly.com> wrote in message

> "Mykhaylo Khodorev" <ralfeus@chicagocentre.com.ua> wrote in message
>> Hi, all!
>> I've got a problem with booting my WinXP Pro (looks like without SP,
>> probably SP1). I suspect the problem is corrupted driver of IDE
>> controller
>> that was installed from motherboard manufacturer CD. Is it possible to
> force
>> using standard IDE controller's driver? If it so then how to do this?
>> Thanks
>> Mykhaylo Khodorev
>>

> Launch the Device Manager via the Control Panel / System / Hardware,
> then replace the driver.

Do you get any error messages on the initialization screen? have you entered
the system BIOS to see if your drive is recognized?..

>I can't boot the computer. So I can't access Control Panel
>
> "Pegasus (MVP)" <I.can@fly.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Mykhaylo Khodorev" <ralfeus@chicagocentre.com.ua> wrote in message
>>> Hi, all!
>>> I've got a problem with booting my WinXP Pro (looks like without SP,
>>> probably SP1). I suspect the problem is corrupted driver of IDE
>>> controller
>>> that was installed from motherboard manufacturer CD. Is it possible to
>> force
>>> using standard IDE controller's driver? If it so then how to do this?
>>> Thanks
>>> Mykhaylo Khodorev
>>>

>> Launch the Device Manager via the Control Panel / System / Hardware,
>> then replace the driver.

I think you're stuck.

"Mykhaylo Khodorev" <ralfeus@chicagocentre.com.ua> wrote in message
> I can't boot the computer. So I can't access Control Panel
>
> "Pegasus (MVP)" <I.can@fly.com> wrote in message
> >
> > "Mykhaylo Khodorev" <ralfeus@chicagocentre.com.ua> wrote in message
> >> Hi, all!
> >> I've got a problem with booting my WinXP Pro (looks like without
SP,
> >> probably SP1). I suspect the problem is corrupted driver of IDE
> >> controller
> >> that was installed from motherboard manufacturer CD. Is it possible to
> > force
> >> using standard IDE controller's driver? If it so then how to do this?
> >> Thanks
> >> Mykhaylo Khodorev
> >>

> > Launch the Device Manager via the Control Panel / System / Hardware,
> > then replace the driver.

The drive is initialized by BIOS.
There are no error messages. At the end of text stage of booting system
restarts.