Wireless Connection Problems

I have a DLink Wireless Router and a B Card built into my Compaq Laptop. The
wireless connection "drops" all of sudden. I am within 20 feet of the router.
There does not seem to be a pattern to the signal loss. It will work for an
hour and then drop 5 times within 30 minutes.

It is driving my crazy.

Help

could be interference.
have you a dect phone, video sender, or even a microwave oven. etc etc

try changing the channel to either 1 or 10 (try either end of the range)

mike