Wireless Connection Problems

I have a DLink Wireless Router and a B Card built into my Compaq Laptop. The
wireless connection "drops" all of sudden. I am within 20 feet of the router.
There does not seem to be a pattern to the signal loss. It will work for an
hour and then drop 5 times within 30 minutes.

It is driving my crazy.

Help
1 answer Last reply
More about wireless connection problems

    could be interference.
    have you a dect phone, video sender, or even a microwave oven. etc etc

    try changing the channel to either 1 or 10 (try either end of the range)

    mike

    "Doug" <Doug@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I have a DLink Wireless Router and a B Card built into my Compaq Laptop.
    The
    > wireless connection "drops" all of sudden. I am within 20 feet of the
    router.
    > There does not seem to be a pattern to the signal loss. It will work for
    an
    > hour and then drop 5 times within 30 minutes.
    >
    > It is driving my crazy.
    >
    > Help

Wireless Connection Wireless Networking