Trying to install NVidia Update from Microsoft Updates

October 6, 2004 11:54:09 AM

I have a 128mb GeForce 5200 Graphics card, which I have
the driver for. There is an update for this card for
users using XP dated October 6 2003, which prevents a
blue screen stop error:
when I try installing from Update I get failed message:
Error Code: 80246002
I have tried downloading this update and installing
myself, but Hardware Wizard will not accept this as a
driver. I have installed this update from Microsoft
Updates before and it worked fine.
Anonymous
October 6, 2004 5:59:32 PM

Never worked for me! Hell, it even crashed on my system once. Since then,
I get the latest drivers from www.nvidia.com and ignore to ones from
Microsoft/Windows Update.

PS: With XP SP2, you can not tell WindowsUpdate to ignore an update and it
will remove it from the list.

Y.

"Robert" <rabbiecooper@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
>I have a 128mb GeForce 5200 Graphics card, which I have
> the driver for. There is an update for this card for
> users using XP dated October 6 2003, which prevents a
> blue screen stop error:
> when I try installing from Update I get failed message:
> Error Code: 80246002
> I have tried downloading this update and installing
> myself, but Hardware Wizard will not accept this as a
> driver. I have installed this update from Microsoft
> Updates before and it worked fine.
Anonymous
October 7, 2004 9:36:11 PM

1. NEVER install drivers from Windows Update.
2. You can hide the update and it will remove it from the list. Service
Pack 2 has absolutely nothing to do with that either. It is Windows
Update V5 that you would be having a problem with and everyone else can
hide the update by checking the "Hide" box, so there must be something
you are doing wrong.

-----
Nathan McNulty