Trying to install NVidia Update from Microsoft Updates

I have a 128mb GeForce 5200 Graphics card, which I have
the driver for. There is an update for this card for
users using XP dated October 6 2003, which prevents a
blue screen stop error:
when I try installing from Update I get failed message:
Error Code: 80246002
I have tried downloading this update and installing
myself, but Hardware Wizard will not accept this as a
driver. I have installed this update from Microsoft
Updates before and it worked fine.
2 answers Last reply
More about trying install nvidia update microsoft updates

    Never worked for me! Hell, it even crashed on my system once. Since then,
    I get the latest drivers from www.nvidia.com and ignore to ones from
    Microsoft/Windows Update.

    PS: With XP SP2, you can not tell WindowsUpdate to ignore an update and it
    will remove it from the list.

    Y.

    "Robert" <rabbiecooper@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
    >I have a 128mb GeForce 5200 Graphics card, which I have
    > the driver for. There is an update for this card for
    > users using XP dated October 6 2003, which prevents a
    > blue screen stop error:
    > when I try installing from Update I get failed message:
    > Error Code: 80246002
    > I have tried downloading this update and installing
    > myself, but Hardware Wizard will not accept this as a
    > driver. I have installed this update from Microsoft
    > Updates before and it worked fine.

    1. NEVER install drivers from Windows Update.
    2. You can hide the update and it will remove it from the list. Service
    Pack 2 has absolutely nothing to do with that either. It is Windows
    Update V5 that you would be having a problem with and everyone else can
    hide the update by checking the "Hide" box, so there must be something
    you are doing wrong.

    -----
    Nathan McNulty

    Yves Leclerc wrote:
    > Never worked for me! Hell, it even crashed on my system once. Since then,
    > I get the latest drivers from www.nvidia.com and ignore to ones from
    > Microsoft/Windows Update.
    >
    > PS: With XP SP2, you can not tell WindowsUpdate to ignore an update and it
    > will remove it from the list.
    >
    > Y.
    >
    > "Robert" <rabbiecooper@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
    >
    >>I have a 128mb GeForce 5200 Graphics card, which I have
    >>the driver for. There is an update for this card for
    >>users using XP dated October 6 2003, which prevents a
    >>blue screen stop error:
    >>when I try installing from Update I get failed message:
    >>Error Code: 80246002
    >>I have tried downloading this update and installing
    >>myself, but Hardware Wizard will not accept this as a
    >>driver. I have installed this update from Microsoft
    >>Updates before and it worked fine.

Hardware Microsoft Windows XP