Firewire Drive Size

Neil

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Using a prototype 30GB 2.5" HDD with a Firewire controller
(Oxford 911 Chipset), Windows XP Pro SP1 & SP2 and Windows
2000 SP4 recognize the drive as 128.00 GB. Windows also
recognized that there are over 16k cylinders on this drive
with less than 4k cylinders. I have tried four of these
drives in all types of partitions to try to force Windows
to recognize the true size.

If the drives are connected to the MB via IDE, the drives
are recognized correctly. I am in contact with the
drive's development engineers who claim the problem is not
on their side.

Does anybody have any suggestions?

Key word, prototype.

"Neil" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in