No sound????????

I just installed windows xp home on my computer and it
already contained an xp version on it that I believed was
corrupt. I went through the setup with a windows support
rep but now I get no sound and a mesage saying no sound
device is installed. There should be one how do I
activate it?????????
4 answers Last reply
More about sound

    bob wrote:
    > I just installed windows xp home on my computer and it
    > already contained an xp version on it that I believed was
    > corrupt. I went through the setup with a windows support
    > rep but now I get no sound and a mesage saying no sound
    > device is installed. There should be one how do I
    > activate it?????????

    you need to install the correct drivers for your sound card

    Hello

    You need to find out your souncard type and then install
    the correct drivers for it.

    Alvin

    "bob" <ruddusa@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > I just installed windows xp home on my computer and it
    > already contained an xp version on it that I believed was
    > corrupt. I went through the setup with a windows support
    > rep but now I get no sound and a mesage saying no sound
    > device is installed. There should be one how do I
    > activate it?????????

    does the device show as present in device manager?

    I also lost sound AND video, no sound or video device installed message.
    Device is installed but will not start. up to date drivers, all parts of
    both aound and video uninstalled and reinstalled. Drivers removed and
    reinstalled. All sound and video setting screens come up greyed out. My
    problem started when trying to view the new Batman movie trailer in high def
    on MSN. First played trailer at half speed but on next boot all was dead.
    ?????

    "brushes" wrote:

    > "bob" <ruddusa@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > I just installed windows xp home on my computer and it
    > > already contained an xp version on it that I believed was
    > > corrupt. I went through the setup with a windows support
    > > rep but now I get no sound and a mesage saying no sound
    > > device is installed. There should be one how do I
    > > activate it?????????
    >
    > does the device show as present in device manager?

Microsoft Windows XP