Instalation problems

Ok hear is the problem. I just installed a new CD burner
into my computer plugged it in and everything but after
installing it and restarting the system my computer only
recognized my CD burner and not both the cd burner and my
current DVD player. I unplugged the CD burner and left
the DVD player plugged in to check to make sure they were
both plugged in ok and they are. In fact they both work
find when only one of them is plugged in. However when
they are both plugged in at the same time the computer
only recognizes the CD burner. It is almost as if the CD
burner replaces the DVD player or something. Needless to
say this is getting on my nerves and if any one has any
idea of what is causing this and how to fix it I would
appreciate it if you could help me out. Thanks

Hello

Well you did not mention jumpers on the drive, both
drives have jumpers on them and 1 has to be sent to Master
and the other set to Slave if they are on the same controller

Alvin

"Big Red" <bigredsb82@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Ok hear is the problem. I just installed a new CD burner
> into my computer plugged it in and everything but after
> installing it and restarting the system my computer only
> recognized my CD burner and not both the cd burner and my
> current DVD player. I unplugged the CD burner and left
> the DVD player plugged in to check to make sure they were
> both plugged in ok and they are. In fact they both work
> find when only one of them is plugged in. However when
> they are both plugged in at the same time the computer
> only recognizes the CD burner. It is almost as if the CD
> burner replaces the DVD player or something. Needless to
> say this is getting on my nerves and if any one has any
> idea of what is causing this and how to fix it I would
> appreciate it if you could help me out. Thanks

What jumper settings are you using for each drive?

Are both drives on the same IDE cable?