755-A2 DVD Drive Connection

Jim

755-A2 motherboard
1 Sata drive
1 DVD RW drive

Should the DVD drive be installed in IDE2 or IDE1? Does it matter?

I presume the DVD should be set as "master".

Thanks,
Jim

Jim

Thanks for the reply.

I just fired it up for the first time with Linux.

It seem to work with the DVD (writer) on IDE2 and the SATA in the SATA1
port.

Regards,
Jim

Hello,

On 11 Aug 2005 04:30:03 -0700, "Jim" <jrboddie@gmail.com> wrote:

>755-A2 motherboard
>1 Sata drive
>1 DVD RW drive
>
>Should the DVD drive be installed in IDE2 or IDE1? Does it matter?

It does matter as far as I know. Put the harddisc on ide1 as 'single
master' and do the same with dvd-drive (secondary single master) but
then on ide2 just to be sure that they do not hinder each other,
although on a modern motherboard that will not be the case.

Only if you are short of irq's you should put them together on ide1,
hd as master and dvd-drive as slave.

Do not forget to jumper the drives in the right way and if your
dvd-drive can do '66' (udma) then it needs a 40-pin 80-conductor
cable.

>I presume the DVD should be set as "master".

Is it a writer or only a player?
If writer then it should preferably be jumpered as a master (so not be
with the hd on ide1)

>Thanks,
>Jim

Max M.