-848p-a7 ;monitor turns on but nothing shows up

i bought a combo from ebay, a848P-A7 Motherboard

For Intel Pentium 4 LGA 775 and a processor LGA 775 3.0Ghz Pentium 4
processor w/ Hyperthreading Technology. installed the motherboard
correctly and it turns on the fan and the video card which is
radeonx800xt platium edition, but when i install my monitor of VGA
connection nothing shows up. i even tried a geforce FX 5500 PCI and
nothing, of course these video cards work in my old mother board. i
wanted better performance so i just replaced my motherboard and
processor...am i missing anything? the jumpers seem to be okey..is it
the video card?? for my memory i installed a 1GB DDR RAM 184 pin
(400mhz) and one with 266mhz of 1GB...i m kida new so please you
experts out there give me a response or idea , it will be greatly
aprreciated....thanks

Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/Elitegroup-848p-a7-monitor-turns-shows-ftopict60780.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=306923

"OSAL" wrote:
> i bought a combo from ebay, a848P-A7 Motherboard
>
> For Intel Pentium 4 LGA 775 and a processor LGA 775 3.0Ghz
> Pentium 4 processor w/ Hyperthreading Technology. installed
> the motherboard correctly and it turns on the fan and the
> video card which is radeonx800xt platium edition, but when i
> install my monitor of VGA connection nothing shows up. i even
> tried a geforce FX 5500 PCI and nothing, of course these video
> cards work in my old mother board. i wanted better performance
> so i just replaced my motherboard and processor...am i missing
> anything? the jumpers seem to be okey..is it the video card??
> for my memory i installed a 1GB DDR RAM 184 pin (400mhz) and
> one with 266mhz of 1GB...i m kida new so please you experts
> out there give me a response or idea , it will be greatly
> aprreciated....thanks

please any ideas...?? thanks

"OSAL" wrote:
> please any ideas...?? thanks

i’d look to your psu first. try posting with just the vid card(5500),
1 stick of memory and hs/fan. be sure to clear the cmos/bios.

what brand and model psu are you using?

ud

"uddarts" wrote:
> i'd look to your psu first. try posting with just the vid
> card(5500), 1 stick of memory and hs/fan. be sure to clear the
> cmos/bios.
>
> what brand and model psu are you using?
>

> ud

oh thank you very much for your reply....the psu is 400w...i clear the
cmos in the new motherboard...but nothing happen still no display..i m
desperate....could it be that my system is xp?..thank you so much for
replayin

"OSAL" wrote:
> oh thank you very much for your reply....the psu is 400w...i
> clear the cmos in the new motherboard...but nothing happen
> still no display..i m desperate....could it be that my system
> is xp?..thank you so much for replayin

try posting with just the vid card(5500), 1 stick of memory and
hs/fan.

hopefully the system will boot to video. then you’ll know for sure
that you need to replace the psu with a better one. something with
12v/20 or 22amps.

what brand and model is the 400 watt psu?

ud

"uddarts" wrote:
> try posting with just the vid card(5500), 1 stick of memory
> and hs/fan.
>
> hopefully the system will boot to video. then you'll know for
> sure that you need to replace the psu with a better one.
> something with 12v/20 or 22amps.
>
> what brand and model is the 400 watt psu?
>
> ud

a 2400w psu???