Hardware Eject Problem

O/S Win XP. I have a hardware eject icon in my tray, and
no hardware is present. The USB Root Hub shows this error
in device manager

Windows cannot use this hardware device because it has
been prepared for "safe removal", but it has not been
removed from the computer. Code 47

I've tried uninstalling the device and restarting. No
luck. Please help.
1 answer Last reply
More about hardware eject problem

    Have you tried removing when in safe mode. If that doesn't work try
    disabling the device.
    You might even try plugging in a USB device see if it recognizes it and then
    prepare it for safe removal to see if the problem disappears.
    You can also do a system restore to a time before the occuring problem
    "Tony" <tbaker4@kc.rr.com> wrote in message
    > O/S Win XP. I have a hardware eject icon in my tray, and
    > no hardware is present. The USB Root Hub shows this error
    > in device manager
    >
    > Windows cannot use this hardware device because it has
    > been prepared for "safe removal", but it has not been
    > removed from the computer. Code 47
    >
    > I've tried uninstalling the device and restarting. No
    > luck. Please help.

Hardware Devices Windows XP