Hardware Eject Problem

Tony

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2001

O/S Win XP. I have a hardware eject icon in my tray, and
no hardware is present. The USB Root Hub shows this error
in device manager

Windows cannot use this hardware device because it has
been prepared for "safe removal", but it has not been
removed from the computer. Code 47

I've tried uninstalling the device and restarting. No
luck. Please help.

Have you tried removing when in safe mode. If that doesn't work try
disabling the device.
You might even try plugging in a USB device see if it recognizes it and then
prepare it for safe removal to see if the problem disappears.
You can also do a system restore to a time before the occuring problem