A-939 won't wake from sleep

Last response: in Motherboards
Share
September 5, 2005 8:09:54 PM

Got a new ECS NFORCE4 A-939 board the other day, it was basically free
with the Athlon 64 chip so why not try it out.

My main problem with it is, it won't wake from standby after putting it
to sleep. I hit the power button and the PC wakes up, drives spin etc.,
but neither the display (ATI X700 Pro card) or USB come back to life.
Kinda useless at that point. I've checked the Power Management in the
BIOS and it is set to S3(STR) [suspend to RAM].

Anyone have any ideas what the problem could be?

I can't flash the BIOS either from 1.0c to 1.0e to see if that helps.
Both utilities I've tried WinFlash and AWD860I.EXE (the latter under
DOS) freeze the PC when you say 'Yes' to program. I've checked and
rechecked the BIOS protect jumper J3 (and even tried it in both
positions), but it doesn't work. Not sure what the problem is.

If I can't get it to wake sleep I figure I'll just toss the board and
get another Abit or Asus.

thanks.

More about : 939 wake sleep

September 6, 2005 2:39:16 PM

A follow up. It works OK if I change the ACPI standby type to S1(POS),
but of course then the CPU is still alive and the fans are all going
too. It occurs to me the offending device might be an old Diamond SCSI
card I have in there that possibly can't wake from suspend to RAM. I'll
have to try yanking that out and see if it changes anything.

the BIOS flashing problem still bugs me though.

!