motherboard identification

Using the Everest software I found to have a
62-0100-001131-00101111-122804-SIS741$M863GV50_RELEASE 12/28/2004
motherboard, but I am having trouble finding the proper drivers in the
PCChip website.

Therefore, I am wondering whether you could give me some advice regarding on
how to get those drivers.

Cheers.

PcChips M863G Version 5.0, SIS 741 chip set

http://www.pcchips.com.tw/PCCWeb/Products/ProductsDetail.aspx?MenuID=24&LanID=2&DetailID=343&DetailName=Driver

"tod" <no_spam_i@earthlink.net> escribió en el mensaje
> PcChips M863G Version 5.0, SIS 741 chip set
>
> http://www.pcchips.com.tw/PCCWeb/Products/ProductsDetail.aspx?MenuID=24&LanID=2&DetailID=343&DetailName=Driver

Thank you Sir, but following that link it shows version V5.1A (not 5.0).

I belive my motherboard has a CNR port (Everest found it, I didn't look
inside the CPU) which V5.1A doesn't have.

Cheers.

Should still be the same drivers.

> "tod" <no_spam_i@earthlink.net> escribió en el mensaje
>> PcChips M863G Version 5.0, SIS 741 chip set
>>
>> http://www.pcchips.com.tw/PCCWeb/Products/ProductsDetail.aspx?MenuID=24&LanID=2&DetailID=343&DetailName=Driver
>

> Thank you Sir, but following that link it shows version V5.1A (not 5.0).
>
> I belive my motherboard has a CNR port (Everest found it, I didn't look
> inside the CPU) which V5.1A doesn't have.
>
> Cheers.

>>PCChips Tech. Service just said
>>I must use M863G (V1.5A) drivers.

Hmm, that is weird, seems to be an error. Your BIOS is dated
12/28/2004, which is consistent with an older BIOS release for M863G
V5.1 with that same date. The latest BIOS available for M863G V1.5 is
dated 09/16/2004.

BTW, there is a newer BIOS for V5.1 dated 05/16/2005. I think your
BIOS ID string contains a typo and should read V5.1 instead of V5.0, I
can find no search hits for V5.0 of this board. It happens.

Could you remove the side panel and look on the motherboard for silk
screened model information? It should have the model and version
printed on the board, usually near the memory slots on PC Chips boards.

Either way, driver downloads from the motherboard manufacturer are
usually very out-dated. I would recommend the latest drivers from the
chipset and peripheral IC manufacturer. Doesn't matter which version
of the board you have.

SIS drivers for 98/ME/XP/2000 (SIS 741 + 963/964):

AGP Driver (3.23MB) -
http://driver2.sis.com/agp/agp121.zip

SIS IDE Driver (5.43MB) -
http://driver2.sis.com/utility/ide/ide204a.zip

SIS LAN Driver (4.0MB) -
http://driver2.sis.com/network/lan/sl118.zip

SIS 741 Integrated Graphics Driver (15.0MB) -
http://driver2.sis.com/graphic/igp/uniVGA3/uvga3_368.zip

CMedia AC97 Audio Codec Driver (21.3MB) -
http://64.124.27.138/pcchips/sound/cmedia_817c.zip

A newer driver for CMedia audio codecs should be available from Windows
Update, but you'll first need a base driver installed like the one
above. The latest USB2.0 drivers should be included with XP SP1 or
SP2, or from Windows Update.

>>May I have to download and install the latest BIOS update? I wonder if it is
really necessary as I always been afraid of blackouts...<<

There is a general rule that updating the BIOS isn't advised unless you
are experiencing a problem that is patched by the new BIOS, such as low
performance or instability. Don't fix what isn't broken, is usually
best practice.

> Hmm, that is weird, seems to be an error. Your BIOS is dated
> 12/28/2004, which is consistent with an older BIOS release for M863G
> V5.1 with that same date. The latest BIOS available for M863G V1.5 is

You were right on the spot, I removed a side panel and there it was:

M863G V5.1A
SIS 964L
DDR333
100M LAN
ATA 133
1xCNR
2xPCI
8xUSB 2.0
AGP 8x

May I have to download and install the latest BIOS update? I wonder if it is
really necessary as I always been afraid of blackouts...

Thanks!

You should not need to update bios.